Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old    mikec585            04-18-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
New to the Delaware area and looking to buy a boat for riding this summer. Actually a Centurion C4, and don't know anything about the Chesapeake Bay? Does anyone ride it, is it worth it to even buy a boat around here? It would be north bay, around Chesapeake City. Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-18-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Only one place to visit and register.

www.dcwake.com

Post in the introductions section and then take it from there.

Plenty of people ride in the bay and its tributaries. Plenty of good experience to tap into on that site.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-18-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Like chase said come check out dcwake.com

I ride up between Annapolis and Baltimore. Hope to see out on the water.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
Mike, You should find good riding on the Elk river, Bohemia river and Sassafras rivers.
Don't ditch the idea of riding around the upper bay, nice water and not salty! As with everywhere, early mornings/late evenings are best.
You could contact Chessie marine for more info about the area.
I'll be riding the Choptank and Wye rivers this summer for the first time. (even though my "home" water is the Delaware river)
Old     (sid)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-20-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
I have dealt with Chessie marine for about five years now. they are good people. When you contact them talk to Brian the owner or Wayne. They are the best. I agree with the rest of the guys, the Bay is good. See you out this summer.