Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    whisgnar            05-29-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Just picked up a new Tige 20v. Hoping for any help on dialing in the wake. (I understand this isn't the best surf-boat to begin with, but we'll do what we can)

1. We have no ballast currently in the boat, but i'm going to buy a few fat sacks. Any ideas on placement or size? Speed of the boat and taps?

2. Looking for a surf-style board - and have narrowed it down to the blue lake, shred stixx piranha or a walzer board. Just curious if anyone has preference among these boards on a smaller wake.

Here's a photo from last weekend. No ballast, on a 6'10 gun.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-29-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
Dang, that looks good.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-29-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
^^ I agree. I would move closer to the boat when surfing thou.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-30-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
A lot of people would be lucky to have that. Congrats on the new Tigger! I'm a fellow Tige owner, but my set up would have little relativity to what your's will end up being. Did you take this over to Tigeowners.com?

My wake is fairly small and my Walzer is the hook. I haven't ridden the other two on your list, but the Walzer rips my wake to shreds. I F'n love it.
Old    surfdad            05-30-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
I have an '03 Tige 23V and I have found that my boat needs ballast in the rear. My hull is similar to yours, but not the same. With my hull, we have found that ballast in the bow or in the opposite corner drops the height without a corresponding increase in pocket length. We adjust the pocket length with speed. Typically we start with Taps set at 4 and then adjust higher through the day as we burn gas.

I have a custom sac made by the folks at Fat Sac that fills the rear locker and everything under the bench seat on the port side. Plus, we most typically have about 700 pounds of people ballast.

I don't like that curl on your wake. I think that you'll find adding some ballast to the port locker will smooth that out some. Once it goes past vertical, that's not usable, IMO. Set speed at about 10.5. Try one fat sac or equivalent in the rear locker, if that doesn't give you the desired shape, stack another sac on top of it. I would then locate folks inside the boat to affect the shape of the wake.

Two views of my 23V's wake. Also, there are some folks that share their setup at tigeowners.com, although I don't remember a specific surf setup for a 20V, you might check there though.

Upload
Upload
Old    whisgnar            05-30-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Beauty - really appreciate the help fellas. Heading back to the lake this weekend to try a few boards... then i'll order a few fat sacs.

That air photo is sick - what board is that?
Old    surfdad            05-30-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
That's a Walker Project Bullet.