Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    orgborn            07-16-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
I am going to use this forum to vent on how badly the site was set up. They managed to block everyones view of the water. The riders tent cut it in half and then they had stupid sponsor banners right on the waters edge which also cut the view. If you were lucky you could see maybe three tricks. It was so bad I didnt go on sunday. It was crap. If they had the banners off the water and didnt have the sponsors tent on the peninsula so people could see throught the compettion would have been ten times better for the spectators.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-16-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
If they had the banners off the water and cut the sponsor tent, there wouldn't be a competition in the first place.

That is unfortunate, however. I wasn't there.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-16-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
It was at Blue lake wasn't it? They really have never had a problem with that location. With Mt. Hood as a backdrop, it's one of my favorite stops of the year.
Old    2upboarder            07-16-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
yeah it was at blue lake, and i agree with Mike. They had the big triangluar Ad towers set up all along the waterfront so youd always miss tricks. The only way to see everything was if you sat on the rocks in front of the Sponsors tent. Its a great location, they just set the stuff up poorly in the spectators area. besides that it was awesome.
Old    roadking            07-16-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
The large Rip It Tent on the peninsula, is the rider tent, and for the last 2 years it was a red bull tent the exact same shape. The triangular sponser deals have also been there in the same place for the last 3 years. So nothing is different. Get over it!
Old    2upboarder            07-16-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
well even if its the same it still sucks lol

Also, he may have been talkin bout the rip-it tent, but i was referring to the announcers tent/stand, which is what caused the ability to only see at most half the run (although its the only good spot for an announcers booth to see everything so i dont really blame them i guess)

(Message edited by 2upboarder on July 16, 2006)
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-16-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
results?
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-16-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
http://prowakeboardtour.com/article.jsp?ID=43239

Portland, Oregon – So far this season on the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour, Canada's Rusty Malinoski has fallen just short in picking up a victory. But today in Portland, he took that final step. A number-two seed coming into the contest, Malinoski defeated Philip Soven 96.0 to 94.0 in the head-to-head finals to win his first tour stop of the year.

Malinoski has finished second and third respectively the last two stops – in Minnesota and his home country of Canada. – but came through today in Portland defeating a number-one seed Andrew Adkison in the semifinals and the seventh seeded Soven in the finals.

Danny Harf, who lost to Soven in the semis, remains in first place on the season-long Indmar Performance Award points race. Going into the final stop of the season in two weeks in Reno, Nevada, Harf, who's from Orlando, Florida, has a 20 point lead over Adkison. And with today's victory, Malinoski moved himself into sole position of third place in the season's race.

Turning to the future pros, Ryan Anderson picked up his first victory of the year on the Rip It JX Series. Anderson topped second-place finisher Adam Errington, who still leads the season race for the juniors. The Rip It JX Series is a series within the tour for amateur riders 18 and under.

For the Sea-Doo Pro Wakeskate Tour, Reed Hansen won the title topping Brandon Thomas for the title.

The Pro Tour Finals in Reno is set for July 28-30. Indmar Performance Award season champions will be decided at the final stop in pro men and women. Season titles for the Rip It JX Series and the Sea-Doo Wakeskate Tour will also be on the line.

MasterCraft is the exclusive towboat for the Pro Tour as it has been since the Tour's wakeboarding events began in 1992. Indmar Marine Engines provides the power for MasterCraft's line of competition towboats, the X Series.

The MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour is a five-event circuit organized by World Sports & Marketing of Orlando, Florida. The Pro Tour has the support of the following: Verizon Wireless, U.S Air Force, Circuit City, Rip It Energy Fuel, Sea Doo watercraft, Billabong, Hyperlite Wakeboards, Perfect Pass, Infinity Marine Audio, Liquid Force, Gator Boards, CWB, J-Star, Oakley, Reef, Epiphone Guitars, Wakeworld.com, Wakeboarder.com, and One Percent Design.

Rip It energy fuel is the exclusive sponsor of the JX Series, the proving ground for amateur male riders 18-under. WakeBoarding, published by World Publications, is the official magazine of the Pro Wakeboard Tour. WakeBoarding magazine is the definitive source on all things wakeboarding, with expert coverage of professional instruction, gear, boats and the latest news.
Old    orgborn            07-16-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
I dont care if thats how you have been doing it im telling you it sucks. The best spot was behind the announcer booth but pull the few feet or more off the water. There up like 3 stories they can afford it. Whatever im done. I loved the event and had a blast but im trying to let someone know of the problem.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-16-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Is there a comments area on the PWT site? I'm sure they would appreciate comments...
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-16-2006, 10:19 PM Reply   
Mike, get there early and get a spot on the water edge and you can see the whole course. I have been to all the stops for the past 2 years and Portland is the best set up on the tour for viewing except for OWC. To bad you missed Sunday, it was the best riding I've seen all year, Rusty KILLED IT, and Philp landed the Whirly Dick. Best stop of the year for sure.
Old     (blaze265)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-16-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
HEy - Not to change to subject or anything. Does anybody know the name of that Guy who sang that song about the pontoon boat? Good stuff... I agree with y'all depending on were you sat it was hard to see the whole event. But It still rocked.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-16-2006, 11:00 PM Reply   
I was there and have been to a lot of other PWT venues over the last few years. Portland is by far the best in terms of venue. The sponsor and viewing area is actually on grass and under trees rather than being in/on dirt and baking in the sun all day.

Other than that I think the PWT does a great job with venues and set up, all things considered.

As far as the triangular sponsor banners go, I have always had a problem with them as long as I have been sponsoring the tour stops. They block the view of every spectator at least once during each pass, since there at 4 or 5 of them up and down the run. If they were moved back off the waters edge and up by the tents everyone would be able to see.
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-16-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
IT WAS AWESOME. yes, the view sucked. but there were so many good things there. i got a new setup '06 cwb factor 144 with torq hinge tech. i love it. and i met all my favorite riders! murray, byerly, parks, ruck, grubb, rathy. (yea i know, all hyperlite)...but still it was so tight. i had the best day of my life....and besides, the chicks there are FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE