Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       12-22-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
Whatever happened to the wakeboard movie they were raising money for? Is it still gonna be filmed, does anyone have any info on this?
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-22-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
Have U received the Feb.05' issue of WBM(p.147)

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-22-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
so for those of us that dont get WBM, what happened? i know tons of people pulled out of it when they found out how they would get the money, but what was the final straw?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-22-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
How would they get the money?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-22-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
the movie would have been crap anyway even if we funded it
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-22-2004, 10:06 PM Reply   
it's estimated to be in the theaters Summer of 2007.

www.wakinamovie.com
www.locodawn.com
www.monroemann.com
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       12-23-2004, 9:13 PM Reply   
so are they still gonna film it? and how would they get the money?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-24-2004, 11:32 PM Reply   
Scott, that dude placed an ad in the latest wbm. I'm annoyed by the correlation he's trying to draw from the z-boys to wakeboarding. Here, this is lame: "in the 70's a drought of water forced the zboys from dowgown to push surfing to the limit...on the shore." And then " in the 90's, an abundance of water inspired the skaters of o-town to push skateboarding to the limit...on the wake." I think it's totally cheesy and a bit of a stretch. Anyway, I'm so glad he was specific as to what kind of a drought it was...considering one definition of drought is "a long period of abnormally low rainfall..."

Sorry, I'm picky.

and I'll be perfectly frank, considering his behavior and...narcissitic nature (which I gathered via his personal websites that declare his accolades), I feel like he's playing a bit of a pity card by mentioning he's in iraq and then saying to "support this film by....". But that's just me. Anyway, the movie would be a disaster...but how many "extreme sport" films actually turned out good? Minus gleaming the cube, of course...:-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-25-2004, 2:20 AM Reply   
i had doubts from the beginning about this movie project, but wow, it's a good thing i didn't visit the site. i'd be hated even more for the things i would've said. i guess all i could say is, "lame...i wouldn't support that crap."

thanks for the info, electricsnow. i'm glad someone understands that not all of us subscribes or buys wbm. oh, and merry christmas!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-25-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
Merry christmas to you as well! And I only subscribe to WBM because I'm obsessive/compulsive and I have to own all of the issues (it's really a sickness). But they have some really good subscription deals on ebay, like three years for 9.95 or something like that--it's a steal. I personally wouldn't pay 20.00 or whatever it is for a year...not anymore.

But, yeah, I already feel semi-hated, I just went for it and shared my thoughts...it was carthatic..:-)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-25-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
What Snow & Joe said. At first I thought that it would be really cool to see a good wakeboarding feature, but that kook did not have a clue "What is OWC?" "Which pros? all of them". Happy Christmahaunakwanzaca!!!!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on December 25, 2004)
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-26-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
I'd love to see a Wakeboard feature but not one with so much controversy as this one has generated in so little time.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-26-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
"Romp On? Just saw his ad in WBM and all I have to say is ??????
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-26-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
Didnt that guy post on here about a year ago, trying to get people to donate to his film? I remember the thing was a headline on the front page for a while until dave removed it. I think the movie would be a disaster, unless you enjoy such movies as Blue Crush.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-26-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
Everything about this movie "sucks". yes, the guy can make a quick movie like "Blue Crush", but in the end it will be so lame. why even bother. He is just degrading the seen-how sad.

The movie shorts that are posted here through wakepics are very amature but are very,very well done. But acually wanting to make a feature film takes a lot of people doing various jobs by highly skilled artists. The storyboard doesn't seem very "eyecatching". but who's too tell him to stop? I quess we'll just have to see what he makes of it.
Romp On?? LMAO!
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-26-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote from the FAQ on their webpage:
How can I be sure the money I contribute will be used for the stated reasons?
Know this: we are hell bent on making this movie and every cent we get our hands on is going into this film. We have not set up an escrow account because to do so would require that every donor sign paperwork with our bank, which would probably discourage donations. All we can say is that we have nothing to gain by using this money for any other reason than the production of this film.
Endquote.

I thought that was kind of funny.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       12-27-2004, 5:08 AM Reply   
I don't know...now that I read tyler's quote, he sounds like an angel of goodwill for the wakeboarding community

Sarcasm, welcome to wakeworld. Wakeworld, I'm sure you've met sarcasm before...
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-27-2004, 5:47 AM Reply   
you know ive taken sarcasm for a walk around here a few times and i think i might have pissed off a few locals.

ok. kidding.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-27-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
sarcasm =
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-27-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
sarcasm is overrated. move on.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       12-28-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
hahaha, yes it is