Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-22-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
www.innovativelight.com
Make lot's of cool stuff. They are pretty well know'n for the power transom light. I have had one for a few years. I have broke it 2 times now. It's like a power antenna and when it's fully extended it bends very easy. People getting off the back of your boat tend to use it as a handrail and one false move and it's junk. I have always been Jeallous of the Master Craft style tower/transome light's located on the pull points of the tower. So fast forward to now. I bent my power transome light and sent it in for repair well this time innovative light say's no dice the power transom light is "No Longer" a item we can fix. Yes your $200 power tramsome light is now junk because it has a kink in it. I say unacceptable Serious Im somewhat pissed off becuase they wont or can't fix it. I don't want to support company's that can't stand behind their product. I don't want it fixed for free or anything and don't feel like throwing it away because its 1/2 broken but I have no choice. So Im in the market for a new light and guess who just happens to make what I need???? Innovative light! Damm.
So here are some pick's of my Tower light Install.
So this is the light its 2 1/2 inches around
Upload
This is my pull point
Upload
I needed to cut the top off the pull point to make a flat surface. I put some electrical tape around the pull point and put a hose clamp around the pull point to act as a guide
Upload
Hack saw along the top of the hose clamp
Upload
The top of the pull point is now a flat surface
Upload
Then I drilled the center for the wires and tap'd the outside hole's for mounting
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Ok I have a last confession. I worked the hack saw for about 10 mins and wasent going anywhere so I ghetto rigged my Air hack saw. I installed a hack saw blade in it and 5 Mins later I was done. LOL. Here is my Hillbilly Hack saw Yee Haww

Upload