Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    mochosla            08-11-2003, 5:49 PM Reply   
Hi everybody,

anyone here has built his Pylon posts and have pictures of it? I'm very handy but I would like to see some pictures so I do it right the first time.

I have a Maxum 19' with a 120 HP OB

Any advice would be great!!

Thanks a lot guys!!
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
I have built one before. One cable to the front. Two to the sides and back slightly. Go to a sailboat rigging store and talk to them. It is a good place to start.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    mochosla            08-12-2003, 2:28 PM Reply   
Thanks. I'll try that.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-12-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
We made one, called it the "Home De-pole" basically a fence pole decorated with lots of stickers, an insulated cable attached to a motorcycle strap that wrapped around the bow and two more motorcycle straps for the sides that attached perfectly to the cleats. We drilled a hole in the floor of our I/O Searay(somewhat close to the engine compartment) fed the fence pole through the floor to the bottom and anchored the fence pole to the fiberglass. Like Lyle said, you can get the hardwear pretty easy. We were able to find all of what we needed at Home Depot.:-)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-12-2003, 6:42 PM Reply   
Here ya go, built it in 1997.
http://www.wakescene.com/features.htm

Very similar to to what Paula said.

KG
http://www.Towerboxes.com
Old    mochosla            08-13-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
Excellent site. I really appreciate it. Just what I needed.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-14-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
Check out www.diyTower.com as well for links to making your own toyz.

Bill