Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-30-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
I was wondering what everyone thought would be a good price to pay for a 1997 Super Sport Nautique. Here is all the information on the boat. . .

- 244 hrs
- comes with cover
- heater
- depth finder
- stock clarion cd w/4 speakers
- interior is in very good shape with no rips or tears. . .a few minor stains
- the gel coat is pretty faded in spots, it would probably need a good buffing, maybe even a wet sanding
- the decals are peeling off
- comes with a tandem axle trailor which is showing signs of rust. also, the side steps are made out of wood and all four of them are rotted and need replaced

I think that's about it. The guy is asking $27,500 and I thought that was really high. The boat is in good shape on the inside and has some options, but the exterior is not in too good of shape. Any opinions on what you think this boat is worth would be appreciated.
Old    agun21            06-30-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
That sounds high, especially for the condition as you describe it.

Check Nada guides, but I would think around $20k might be more in the ball park.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-30-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
I think 20k might be pushing it, but I offered him 23k. He is saying that his boat meets the standards of "average retail" for NADA. I don't think his boat is in that good of condition. When the decals are falling off, the whole boat is faded and the trailer needs some cosmetic work, I don't consider that average. I'm sure the boat could be fixed up to be made like new, but he said he was going to sell it as is. Anyways, any other opinions. Also, if anyone knows of a super sport between '95 and '98 or so that's for sale, please let me know. Thanks.
Old    dholio            06-30-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   
look at the one at silverspraysports.com and see what you think of that one.
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-30-2004, 9:44 PM Reply   
95 supersport.....still for sale till friday?

Mike
bbmkks@aol.com
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-01-2004, 5:36 AM Reply   
DJL,
I have seen that one at Silver Spray and I think it is way overpriced. They have been trying to sell that boat for quite a while now, which tells me a lot of other people thinks it overpriced also. Thanks for the heads up though.