Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    riderzedge04            06-28-2004, 3:45 PM Reply   
Has any one seen the new Wakeboarding Boat of the year. Has any one been on the session let me know
Old    boogiebobbie            06-28-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
No, I have not yet been on a Session Wakeboarding boat of the year however I would like to if given the chance. I have found however that I like my '04 X-star because of the way I can do my 360's and stuff.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
richard you better not be trying to sell these boats through this forum because someone already tried that and got ripped to pieces. But yes i would like to hear about them.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
You have got to be freakin kidding me...
www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/173627.html?1087807614

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/52954.html

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/48848.html
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-28-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
I'm not about to bash anyone's boat but it almost seems like Regal gives a discount to owners if they post a good review on WakeWorld about the Session. It's odd to see a new member place a single post about how great the boat is.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
here we go again!
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-28-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Richard- You took part in one of the above discussions. On another fishing expedition?

FYI- Wakeboard Boat of the year is rewarded to the manufacture that spends the most $$$ on advertising in said magazine that is giving the award.
Old     (wallyworld)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-28-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
dude, since i bought a regal sessions i get laid way more than when i had a good boat
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2004, 5:35 PM Reply   
Please make them stop!!!!

Old    tcboarder            06-28-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
if someone is a rep or sales person for a session. whats the retail on the Si or the Xi?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-28-2004, 7:20 PM Reply   
did anyone notice his home lake is berryessa, the same as the other ass clown salesman?Now why I didn't I buy the boat of the year instead of my VLX, maybe I will cancel the impending order of my 05!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
Drum roll please....

http://www.yachts2k.com/meet.html
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-28-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
soooo busted!
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
If I want to buy one of those boats do I have to grow one of those things on my face?

Please, go do your solicitation on ebay or something.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-28-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
Where is the integrity in Fairfield (Powerboats of Fairfield?)?

First Jason...now Richard...these guys are unbelievable.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-28-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
hahahaha

what a bunch of jack-asses!
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2004, 9:57 PM Reply   
Thank you Pierce for researching that. Do you remember the thread not too long ago. When Jason was telling people off. He claimed his boss saw the thread and laughed about it. Now we have the boss's email. Maybe one of us should email him to see what he really thinks.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
Hmmmm, his cell number is there too, I feel a crank call coming on.....
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2004, 4:46 AM Reply   
You know everyone should take the time to email the GM and owner about these ass clowns. I am waiting for my response.

Owner, Mike Vasquez
mike@yachts2k.com

General Manager, Scott Miles
scott@yachts2k.com
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-29-2004, 5:17 AM Reply   
Why don't you guys just let this go - this is a message board for chrisake - it's not like they are spamming you. There is much more to be concerned about in this world than some idiots trying to sell a boat. For instance, if you want to start an e-mail campaign, how about the environmentalists trying to close waterways.

The fact is, they are getting publicity, whether it's good or bad. Next time most of us are at a boat show, we will check out the Sessions boats just because our curiosity is peaked from these posts. You are playing into their hands....

Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
Keith, I think you are wrong on "playing into their hands". No manufacture wants bad publicity, even more so, one that is in a niche market like inboard sales. Consequently, I was at the Butler Chain and saw a Session and started laughing, not because of the boat but because of Jason. Needless to say, i didn't go look at the boat. Really, I don't think Richard posted anything wrong. He was just asking a question. Now if he starts flaming again like Jason. It'll be another 100+ post count. Richard, No I have not been on a Session.

(Message edited by prostar205v on June 29, 2004)
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-29-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
I think he was posting specifically to get the kind of reaction he got. I mean, this has to be a joke, right? He can't be serious. I think the best course of action is simply to ignore them.

And maybe a letter to the boss with a link to the earlier thread. [www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/173627.html?1087807614]
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
Matt, I agree.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-29-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
matt already did that, not that I expect a response from people that hires guys like these. barefooter has it right this is a niche marketing, bad publicity is not good. He is spamming, promoting a product that he sales and derives personal gain for a company that is not sponser of this site.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
I'd be happy to let this go if these guys would quit doing this. Given that Jason's boss (from the last Session thread) supposedly laughed at his thread, I don't know that writing his shop owner and GM will necessarily accomplish anything. Laci had the bright idea to email Session directly so they're aware of the situation. I took it upon myself to email them as well, feel free to email session with your thoughts if you're so inclined: mike@sessionboats.com, ray@sessionboats.com
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-29-2004, 6:48 PM Reply   
Let's think about this for a minute. How many people are actually regulars on this site. I really have no idea - but let's just say 5000 worldwide. I boat in Michigan - which has 1,000,000 registered boats. Let's assume that 10% of the boats are used for some kind of ski activity, and half of those wakeboard (which I think is reasonable). That means that there are over 50,000 wakeboarders in Michigan alone(assuming 1 per boat - and only boat owners wakeboard). Do the math on the other states and you are looking at a huge number. Do you really think it really matters to Sessions when we represent such a small percentage of all wakeboarders?
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-29-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
Keith,

That's not the correct way to look at it. You have to look at the sales of inboard wakeboarding boats, not the total number of boats registered. What are the sales figures like for Mastercraft, Correct Craft, etc? How many of THESE buyers see these forums OR KNOW SOMEONE who sees these forums?

Anyway, how do you even measure the "image" of a boat company? In such a small market, word of mouth can be hugely important. If 5000 wakeboarders tell their friends that Session boats are "lame" because their dealers are big tools, they're out of touch with the wakeboarding community, they look stupid, or whatever; word will spread fast and Session will lose credibility. I don't think Mike and Ray would be very happy about that.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-29-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
hahahaha nice thread...

although come to think of it i havent seen a single sessions boat out on the water here in nor-cal...
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-29-2004, 10:44 PM Reply   
Sorry Keith, I agree with Salmon Tacos.

New wakeboarding boats rely on perception and word of mouth.

Mike, from Session Boats, as already received several emails from wakeworlders about these threads. They are working on fixing the issue and freeing us of these annoyances.

It drives me crazy when people get on these sites and think they have a captive audience, so they attempt to market for free. It was great to see so many wakeworlders attack this idiot. I see that this site is about information sharing not free marketing. If they want to market, pay to advertise on wakeworld, don't junk up our threads.

I am sure, I will be attacked for something I said in this post. I am known for getting annoyed with salesman who attempt to market for free on here.
Old    hockeyruss            06-30-2004, 4:30 AM Reply   
Imagine going to your favorite dealer and having to choose between a session and a sea doo challenger X? That is the problem people face everyday at Power Boat Super Stores, home of Rick Doofus and Josh Speck-en-Z-deutsch, cause he don't spec-en-ze wakeboard boat!!!! That alone is the sole reason that Sessions and Sea Doos are not outselling Malibu's, Nautique's and Mastercraft's.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-30-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
I receieved an email from Scott Miles, basically saying thanks and the situation is being rectified.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-30-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
I also received emails from both Scott at Powerboat and Mike at Session saying thanks for notifying them and it is being taken care of. Hopefully this will be the end of it, thanks Session and company.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
Thanks for emailing the headquarters. I said it in the previous thread but I don't mind representatives from the industry coming onto this board. Quite the contrary I encourage it because who better to get direct information than from someone who has direct knowledge of the product they are selling. But these Session guys were a bunch of idiots. The multiple threads started by them made them look like complete tools. Look at people like Bill from Monster Tower. He encourages people to build there own or look at other options before he pushes his product. Rick Tinker and Matt Brown from Skiers Choice are always helpful. Session should look at these guys if they want any kind of respect.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-01-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
It looks like their philosophy is any publicity is good publicity.

Or, maybe they are going after boaters that cant read and write.
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-04-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
Hi all,
Its been years since I have been on this forum, but I just bought a new boat, and am getting back into wakeboarding.
My question is?
Does the new Regal boat have any known problems?
I say this because I was looking into buying one of their cruisers a while back, and I felt they had a very nice, very solid product. If I had known they were now making a comp boat, I probably would have taken a look at it. (granted the tower is horrific.) I have run into few boat, car, snowmobile, motorcycle, dealers salesman that wearn't complete morons, so a dealer is a dealer, and we take anything they say with a grain of salt, but is the actual boat going to be something that improves our sport?
DK