Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       11-04-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
if any of you have opinions on the wake behind a bu lsv i would love to hear them....thanks
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-04-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
I've been riding behind a 2001 LSV for three seasons. I love it. The wake is rampy like the VLX but the wakes are slightly further apart. If you get the 2002 or newer, you get the rear ballasts included with the MLS which is good. The wake is excellent. I love having all the space too. The boat has 500 hours on it now and has never let us down.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       11-04-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Are you talking about the new version for 04?

We did a Demo a while back. First thing you notice is that the wake is not as wide as you might expect from such a big boat. Compared to the old LSV the new wake seemed almost narrow… almost. The wake shape was rampy with a bit of vert at the top. The wake was clean riding at 70-75 back. Using the wedge the wake also was balanced even if people shifted from side to side some.

The boat itself is very plush and looks great on the water. We did not have it loaded down with lots of people or even a full tank of gas. The wake was decent with the stock ballast and the wedge down but could definitely use some more weight.

We meant to bring sacks with us that morning but forgot them. Full bags in the back instead of the hard tanks would probably make a world of difference. Even running a full tank of gas and having 5 people in the boat would have been nice. The new stock ballast tank in the bow area if very nice… IMO you should not need much more in the front.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-04-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
That would be cool if the 04 wake is narrower. I haven't had the privilege of checking out the new one. We've had 12-14 people and the sacks full. It throws a monster wake when you slam it.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       11-04-2003, 12:39 PM Reply   
actually, i was wondering more about the 2000 to 2002 range (looking at used) i like the idea of a bigger boat and looking for something that can handle rough water a little better....thanks
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-04-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
I've got a 2000 and I love it. Great wake, great layout and great ride. I would highly recommend it! Like everyone has said before, the wake is rampy and a little wider than the smaller boats. I put 500 in each locker and 500 up front with the MLS full and you get a great wake even before you put the Wedge down.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
I ride behind a 2000 LSV fairly often.

First off all, the boat handles fairly poorly with weight in it. Very hard to turn and hard to manage around docks.
Second, it goes through gas. Lots of gas, and then some more gas. My DD with 1600 lbs of ballast goes through half as much gas for the same hours and riding.

Other than poor handling when weighted, the wake is great. Nice ramp, good shape and fairly firm.

The room and storage in the boat is great. Lots of very usible storage.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       11-04-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
Sean M, which engine does the lsv you ride behind have that sucks so much gas?
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-04-2003, 2:58 PM Reply   
Sean M, How much weight is in that LSV?
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       11-04-2003, 3:07 PM Reply   
Matt… all I can say about Lawrence’s BU is… it’s HEAVY! I am not one to comment on having too much weight but enough is enough already. He has been a great source of lead though… And the storage capacity is great… extra blankets, coats, dry suits, gloves, and lots of snack food...
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-04-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
go to malibuboatowners.com and check out the threads on recent 04 LSV reviews. They have been very positive.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
Matt, I think that we have had 2500lbs in that LSV at some point... Right now, I think that he is running 1800 to 2000. With that weight and balanced out a bit better, the wake very nice.

I am all way surprised just how clean the wake gets at slow speeds and then only better at boarding and foiling speeds.

I think that he has the 320hp engine in it.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-05-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
Wakeside.com's 2003 LSV is up for sale if someone is near the Portland, OR area and interesting in a boat with less than 75 hours.

Mike
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-13-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
I rode in new 04 yesterday and it needs 500# more up front and 1000# in back and you will be up there! Stock wake is not bad.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-14-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
Sean, you and Lawrence and the typical crew in that boat aren't your normal situation. You guys are doing things at way faster speeds than most people.
I thought he had a lot more weight than that in it though; 2500lbs isn't that much.
I think Lawrence would love the new 23'Wakesetter LSV with the 8.1L. We just had one leave here last week, I could see Lawrence falling in love with it.He will probably even like the new cooler in the new 23'.