Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    blindsiderider            03-19-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
I read the article on the front page about how to do a whirlybird. Well I decided to give it a try after I was able to do it on the Trampoline I tried it at the lake. This is my first try the others where better but I was in the sun so you couldn't see it. take a look
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10162
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-19-2004, 8:11 PM Reply   
That was a really good attempt. It looks like you just need to concentrate on taking the trick up a little more which is one of the keys to landing this trick. I'd bet you'll land it very quickly.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-19-2004, 11:23 PM Reply   
Dannnnnnnnnnggggg Tony. That is off the hook man. You are such a sick rider and are progressing so fast for only riding a year. I envy how often you get out on the water Keep it up. I say you land it within the next few trips to the lake.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-20-2004, 12:44 AM Reply   
Sweet attempt. If the others were better your there. My first attempt at a whirlybird looked more like a really bad raley. Come to think of it so did my last attempt. Oh well..I'll just be happy to board within a month.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-20-2004, 12:53 AM Reply   
Here's how good my whirlybirds look like.

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-20-2004, 5:32 AM Reply   
Jeremy, a little less of the crashing and I think you got it
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-20-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
See! That's what i thought. I knew i was close.

Also if you look you can see i still think i'm gonna pull it out. You would think i would have let go of the handle long before that.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-30-2004, 12:33 AM Reply   
so...any update?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-30-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
I rode with Tony yesterday. He is still working on it, comming in close. He spent a week with at the Bonifays camp and came home with some new inverts! Dang kid is blowing up quick!
Old    rypayne            04-30-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
i think some of my first attempts at a whirly were my some of my best because i didnt know how badly it could hurt. then i think i got a little bit of a complex. but yeah tony, that was really close. good luck with that. i have olny tried an s-bend once and for a first attempt it doesnt come close to your first try on the whirly. what can you land?