Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-19-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
I'm not sure which board I should get this year. I have had a few Byerly models over the years(98,00,02), but they arn't quite what I'm looking for. I also rode watson's board(01 helix)and I really liked it, but I sold it (stupidly). I am debating whether I should go with the Subjekt, substance or the new Byerly. All the reviews look good, but how would they compare to what I've rode? If there is anyone who has tried all these boards, I'd love to hear your input.

P.S.- There are no dealers that demo around here, so I can't ride before I buy
Old    sk8joe01            03-19-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
whats your riding style? what are you looking fot exactly in a bard? I ride hyperlite, can't say much bout LF but i've heard theyre prety good.
Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-20-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
I ride pretty aggressive, and go as big as possible. I guess I want something that will charge the wake hard and still be very loose when I want it to be. I'm not a big guy, but I like a larger board.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-20-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
a parks seems to suit that description, fast, edgy, BIG, aggresive and still v.v.loose when not on its edge

or possibly if you like continuous rocker to go long (into the flats) you should look at the TFD

Something you should also consider and will hear from everyone else on this, is DEMO DEMO DEMO!!!
Thats the only way you'll really know whats right

(Message edited by harryhog on March 20, 2004)
Old    xxplosive            03-20-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I just got a Subjekt 32. Only had a chance to ride it at the cable lake, but really loved it. Nice Feeling to it, loose when you want it to be and cuts hard when you need it. Was sticking anything off the kicked better than I was with my old board. It's nice and light which is a plus to me. Only thing i could see as a potential problem is the board shape on the ends has two kinda pointy things which I think might get broken or somthing if you arn't one to take great care of your board.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-20-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
I used to ride the '02 byerly, and I thought I liked it until I got on the substance. I love the substance. If you liked the Helix then you will love the substance. The substance does everything the helix does, except it's much easier to ride. I like the pop much better from the substance than my '02 byerly. The substance was much more floaty. I ride it without the fin and the traction is just right for me. You can't go wrong with the substance.
Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-21-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
Thanks for the imput, but how does the substance compare to the subjekt??
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-21-2004, 9:15 AM Reply   
can't help you there. Haven't ridden the subjekt.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
Ive ridden both subjekt and substance. I like both but the substance is so much better. I landed a 360 on my 8th attempt if that helps. the subjekt landings arnt that good.