Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       12-18-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
I am looking at getting a pair of 09 Mareks or Cells and was wondering what size boot to get. I wear a 10 1/2 shoe, have wide feet, don't want my toes squished but want them to be tight. I currently ride 05 Murray's size medium. Any help would be great. I would go to my local shop, but they don't carry that much stuff and feel bad as I would never pay their prices.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-18-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
I wear a size 11 shoe for the Cells and they fit like a glove... 10.5 would be tricky... I can say they do tighten down very well and fit snugly around the foot. Overall, an awesome binding all the way around, amazing fit, excellent construction, and super light.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-18-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
I went with Slingshot boots, generally wear a size 12/13 pending the brand and went with a size 12 boot (went to the small side)
--slingshot's have an inner liner (like a snowboard boot) that can be heat molded... so if they're snug out of the box once they're molded to your feet they are money.

I haven't had ronix/hype boots in a while so I cannot speak on their behalf
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-20-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
the 09 hyperlite boots to me ran a bit big. i wear a 10-10.5 shoe and went with size 9 boots. i do like my boots snugger than most, so i typically go for the smallest boots that dont hurt.

also theres nothing wrong with going to a local shop and trying on boots for sizing purposes. you dont have to tell them you are buying them elsewhere. people came in to the shop i worked at to do this quite often.
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-20-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
I'm a 10.5 shoe and am currently on size 10 ronix ones. If i'm not mistaken the ronix line sizing is all fairly similar.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-20-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
I'd almost go with Blake's suggestion with a 10, and get them heat-molded if they're too tight. The toe-cap they use may get you that extra bit of space you need.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       12-20-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
Thank you guys for answering my quesiton.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-20-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
Jason - If you cant try on the Mareks I would go with the size 10. The foot box is made larger for a wider foot like Rusty's. But boat show season is coming up so if it was me I would head to the boat show on and try both sizes. Let me know if I can help out any more. Thanks.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-21-2009, 1:42 AM Reply   
I used to have the Ronix Cells and now have the Slingshot Floyds. I am a size 10.5 and for both of those boots I wore a 10. Both of them are heat moldable to even though your toes may touch the end of the boots right out of the box, once they are molded and ridden a couple times they feel perfect. I cant really speak on Hyperlite though.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-21-2009, 10:54 PM Reply   
maybe it is me, but every time i heat mold the liners they get just SSLLIIGGHHTTLLYY stiffer each time. two of my buddies have SS boots and have pointed out to me that my liners feel stiffer (theirs were never molded and mine have been cooked about 3 times).

maybe i heat-molded wrong, (highly doubt it) but i followed the instructions. we took a piece that was attached to the ss hardware for protection in shipping from one guys box and cooked it once and could feel a subtle difference in firmness even

NOT that it is a bad thing (it might be more to your liking), just thought id let you know (my and my buddies' opinion and experiences)
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-23-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
i havent heat molded my cells yet as i havent chucked them on the new board and wont be for a few weeks. Do u have to heat mold, i think i read that they will sort of mold pretty well even with out heat.