Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sundoo)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
Bro in law has the Mobius 06 LSV and is struggling to set up a good surf wake. I have read most posts regarding the Moombas....wondering if the hull has changed from 03. He has the rear 200# bags and center 300# ( I think ) We are hoping to be able to set it up to produce both port and starboard wakes... Any timesaving hints out there?? Experimenting is fun too...but he is getting frustrated.....can't keep a good pocket going. Avg 4-6 peeps on board. Thanks in advance.

Dave
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-23-2007, 11:53 PM Reply   
I'm not totally positive, but I think you may be able to switch out the two 200lb bags in the rear and replace with Fly High 750lb'rs. I think the fittings will screw into the FH Fat Sacs directly.

Once you get the 750 in the back you'll probably want to fill the center (I think it might be 500 but not sure) and have one or two of your peeps sit in the bow on the surf side with the others in the back on the surf side.

My buddy has that boat and we are able to get a decent wake out of it. We haven't switched out the sacs, but I bring along a fat sac and my Tsunami and we put it on top of his stock sac...
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have an LSV and have switched out the bags for the 750# fly high bags. I get a great wake on either side by filling either one of those depending which side you want to ride, filling the center (approx 300#), and if i don't have at least 4 people on the boat i add a 350# tube sac on the floor of what ever side you are surfing on.
Upload

Picture is with 750 full, ski locker sac full, and about 6-7 people in boat. The stock sacs in the back are 400#, replacing those is the easiest way to get a good wake. Good luck!
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Also wake plate should be all of the way up, and speed between 11-12. Below 11 the wake does not form as well.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-24-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
You say the wake doesn't form well below 11 mph. Try setting the trim tab at lower speeds. We run as slow as 8.5 mph and as fast as 14 mph behind my boat. At slower speeds I need to set the trim tab down. If you give it a try let me know if it works for you.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-25-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Thanks, i will give that a try.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
fill everything you got guys then use the right side to surf ( the way the prop spins gives it a cleaner wave, just like how you ca nonly back up onne way) then use people weight to give you that added bonus haha.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-11-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
I have 06 LSV and prev owner had put 750s in the back. I just got it and have not surfed yet but hope to soon. Prev. owner said he ran 1 750 full and nothing in the locker... but with some peeps in the back..
The Fly High 750's fit perfect..