Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (kfcflores)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-20-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
was out over the weekend and got a little too close to shore. needless to say boat got stuck in some soft dirt and i could tell the prop was damaged. going back to the dock boat was vibrating pretty bad and had little power. pulled boat out and prop is pretty banged up. obviously need new one. any advice on what brand, good prices. do I really need a 4 blade. boat is a 2000 ski centurion dd. the prop is something i can change myself right. should that be the solution to the vibration and power loss. Is the only way to know change the prop and water test the boat. Thanks in advance
prop pics
prop pic
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-20-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Kevin, I would go with the Acme. I use to run an OJ and went to an ACME and the boat just rode so much smoother. Best price was at www.propellersonline.com and you go to www.acmemarine.com for an application chart. As far as 3 vs. 4 I tried a 3 blade on mine and it just wasn't as smooth as the 4. JMO
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-20-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
I've seen worse props re-worked backed to normal. Have you looked into getting it repaired.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-20-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
http://www.planetnautique.com has a discount for members on props, look in the group buy link.
Old     (kfcflores)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-20-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
Who or where do I go to look at getting it repaired. I'm in the Sacramento area
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-20-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
Kevin call Jeff 916-631-9909 tell him kenny set ya and he will reork if for you at a great price not only that he can put a better pitch for a better hole shot for you also. his prices are are good also.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       06-20-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
Check out this link from last year:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/173544.html

When my Acme got fried, I just bought a new one, but the link has some good info on repair guys around Sacto.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-20-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
Just get it rebuilt, it's amazing what a good prop guy can do. Better yet, buy a new acme and get it reworked as your spare, that way you never let it ruin a good weekend. I don't know about you, but a good weekend is worth more to me then a $300 prop. Some prop companies even call thier spare prop kits weekend savers...

Karl DeLoff at www.boarditup.com has the best prices for Acme props.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-20-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
One more thing, that OJ is much stronger then the new Acme. I used to chew up logs with my OJ in the delta, the new Acme went down after one hit earlier this year. I guess the thinner blades are one of the reasons they run more efficiently.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-21-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
3-blade $310, 4-blade $335, add $90 for Weekend Saver Kit. I would put on a 515 Acme 3-blade if it was my boat.

For exact application, call me at (616) 530-0442.
Karl DeLooff
www.boarditup.com
Old    kujito            06-23-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
adam is right. a good prop shop can work wonders. those props are meant to be the weak link in their chain. they let go in order to prevent damage to the shaft, drive, etc. repair shouldn't cost more than around $125