Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-11-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
I got my copy of CT last night. what a great dvd. For some reason i thought it was a two disk video? The one i got only had one. one th counterfit this website it says that disk 2 has doubleups and roam sessions. i was wondering if anybody know anything about this
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-11-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Watching my copy now. 1 disk and it's deffective.

Anyone catch that Batwing by Parks off the DU? OH MY GOD!!

The HL team is killing it on the sliders too. The jibbing is nuts.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-11-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
I got mine a week or so ago, very good movie, only got one disc. Murray kills it, harf is still the best. And parks section brought some of my respect for parks.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-11-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
I second Harf's part being the best! Saw it a few months ago so it's been awhile.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-11-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
I've had mine for about 2 weeks, great DVD, except for the crashes bonus which I think could have been better or longer. Parks interview is great. I only got 1 disc as well.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-12-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
i have had it for a few weeks, all i have to say is that Harf and Sharpe rule. Parks is Fat and not a smooth as he used to be. After watching George Daniels Ride all of the other wakeskating sections a lame.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-12-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
anyone know why they did away with the 2nd disk. i was hoping to see a bit more roam riding
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-16-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
anyone know why they did away with the 2nd disk. i was hoping to see a bit more roam riding
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
"After watching George Daniels Ride all of the other wakeskating sections a lame."

I thought Grubb still ruled the wake jumps. Back side and front side 3s, wrapped TS BS 180, and big 180 in the flats
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-16-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
J-Rod

True, that bs off the dub was ill.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       01-16-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
" Parks is Fat and not a smooth as he used to be."

Andy whats wrong with bein fat????? I don't think Parks was ever that smooth. He has always had a style all his own. Maybe he was a lil smooth when he was a younger, but still not what I would call smooth.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
I never thought he was smooth either.

I thought the interview was funny.

"Danny won nationals....I didn't, Danny won the DU contest....I didn't, Danny beat Froggy.....I didn't." Interesting to see that one measurement of success is beating Phillip.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-16-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
J-Rod, no love lost between Danny & Phillip, two of the best contest riders on the tour. I would expect some very good head to head battles this year. BTW I thought Harf's section was the best and Rathy rode Kolona (or tried to) 4 days after that rail incounter. Hockey player...........
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-16-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
J-rod that a good point.

and BG aint nothing wrong with being fat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, what was with Rathy being stretchered out of the water?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-16-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
Watch Rathy's rail section, he drives his lower back into the step up, spinal cord swelling and lots of soft tissue damage, it was pretty scetchey for a couple of days.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
ah yes...I know exactly the part you're referring to.
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-16-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
Oh yea, that hurt just watching it.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-16-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
did anyone ever find out why its one disc instead of two?
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-18-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   

I just got it. . . i was wondering what everyones thought was on it vs. welcome?

Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-18-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I liked the riders talking about their sections, thought that it was cool to hear their prospective. Harf kills it, liked Rucks section, JD & Aaron are coming on strong, killer sliders. I liked it better then Welcome.
Old     (jay_eischen)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
This video was even better at the premiere in a full size theater before Surf Expo. I agree it is one of the best vids that I have seen in a while. Rathy is a great rider and yes G.D.'s part was rather sick also.
Old    jack_blodgett            01-18-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the support on here for this project, you guys are one of the main reasons we are able to produce these video's. At first we were going to make the video a two disc DVD but after the premier in orlando everyone seemed pretty happy with having it all together on one disc. So we decided to just go with that. We have already started some filming for our next project and things are looking really good for 06. I have 5-10 signed copies from some of the riders, send me some input on what you guys liked and what you would want to see in our next video and I will try to hook a few of you up.

Jack Blodgett
jackblodgett@gmail.com

I have a few teasers and we are updating the counterfeitthis.com site now and those should be on there soon

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-18-2006, 11:25 PM Reply   
Well i dont need a signed copy, but a few things for next time,

The crash section should be a little longer.

More sequences with riders doing back to back tricks, do a blind pete rose, then a 900, now that'd be impressive.

Seeing more roam ridding other than shuan murray doing a tail press around the bend.

There was a good mix of rails and wake in this movie. Good amount of life style shots.

Maybe a little wakesurfing in there?

And jack, ive seen your name here and there, show up in a few movies, now I see you in alliance gear guide, are we going to be seeing you in movies ridding? What is your role in the whole wake scene?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-19-2006, 12:00 AM Reply   

quote:

i was wondering what everyones thought was on it vs. welcome?

i only saw bits and pieces of "counterfeit this" at the boat show, and what i saw was 100% better than "welcome." i thought "welcome" was way over-edited and pretty much sucked donkey balls.

but hey, that's my opinion.

oh, and please...no wakesurfing section, unless the section's under 30 seconds long.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-19-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Jack, hook it up..... Ha, ha. Everyone that knows me knows I'm a wake vid whore. I watched Jarrods copy a couple nights ago and thought it was sick. Kind of a fresh look I thought. Some different camara angles and some absolutely killer riding. Harf's section was insane. It blew me away. He's one a different playing field from most of the riders out there right now. Also dug Sharpe's section. He goes huge.

Anyway, nice work Jack. Keep it up.

Also, man am I jelous. I'd love to hit up some of the rails at Radar. I wish we could get away with building some sick rails at the Delta.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-19-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
I for one love the entire video. I think the familiar music really helps out alot...great choices all the way around.

My fave section for the wakeboarders was Murray...I just dig his smooth style and humorous approach to everything.

GD absolutely KILLED it, too bad he's gone to Gator now...

Why no sections of the women riders??????? We would all love to see them too I believe.

Great job all the way around Jack!! Looking forward to your next project.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-19-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey Jack...more girl riders. There is a market. My daughter is 6 and likes to watch the boarding movies and she gets a lot more excited seeing girls riding well as compared to the guys. She really likes Melissa Marquart a lot, and she always plays Murrays game as Dallas. But there has to be room for Emily, Tara, and many of the other talented females.

Eric
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-19-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
I actually kinda agree. I wouldn't mind seeing what some of the women are up to these days. I can't remember the last video section of Dallas that I saw.
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Yes it was a lot better than Welcome, All or Nothing was better than Welcome. The Commentary part was great. Harf and Murray rule and Parks sections are always great because he is a nut job. Having Kilgus 16mm footage always Rocks. This video and Butter Effect are definatley the favorites I have ever watched. I personally would like to see less rails and more footage of wake tricks. The female riders would be a plus, but did they have a female on the team the whole time they were filming? Emily just came aboard and didn't Loe leave? Overall a Awsome video. It's helping me through the Winter alot.
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-10-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Just got mine last night and i watched it twice! What a great video! I loved how all the video was in real time (can't remember any slow mo) and so clean! Harf's section was awesome for sure, but I loved Murray's section! There is that one huge butter slide (or whatever it's called) that is incredible and then another shot where the plane (filming) was going to the right around murray as he was doing a raley style trick going to the left...great shot. It actually brought a lot of respect for all the other riders as well. I knew charpe and ruck were good, but great video sections. Anybody know the outcome of that fall on the rail that Aaron Rathy ( I think ) had? That looked really bad!

Anyway, that's my .02. Great vid! Just wish it had the entire team too maybe just to make it longer. AWESOME watch though...definitely recommended!
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-10-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
Sorry, one more thing...in Parks' section, it shows him riding his board without his feet in and then it looks like he's riding on the front tip of his board...am i right? And if so...how does he do this? how is this possible??
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-10-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
ya that was cool. he is amazing. in retrospect he does a handstand on his board, its in the japan part if you want to find it. i dont think there is anything he cant do
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
Have you guys watched counterfeit this with the optional commentary on. Parks is so funny, i like that almost every trick he does is dedicated to someones mom.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-10-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Horve, Rathy's back hit on the step-up was pretty bad with some major soft tissue damage, but he's Canada and a hockey player, rode the next week at the PWT in Kalona, he could barely walk, but he rode.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-10-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
I can't stop watching it....the music is killer, riding is killer....like all of it. It's really fun to pause Byerly's section and slow mo it....the part with the little girl riding with him is awesome! Jack....you guys killed it for sure. The only thing I would suggest is adding more lifestyle footage next vid. I think we'd all be lieing like dogs if we said we don't all dream of living those guys everyday lives...like what they do for fun, sponsor obligations, family time, etc. An MTV Cribs style for the wake guys would be tight. And oh yeah....nothing would make me happier than seeing riding and lifestyle footage of riders like Dallas, Major, Loe, Kent, Durham, etc......all the guys in Counterfeit are fun to watch but I'd much rather see one of the top ladies with their boardies hanging off their butts!!!