Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-24-2004, 2:51 AM Reply   
I have a Belmont 141 03 with 02 belmont bindings. But I think it is a bit heavy and slow. I was thinking about changing it to a TFD 136 with parks bindings. Would anyone recomend the change or should I stay with my Belmont for a while. I love the forgiveness and the smooth landings of the Belmont.

I am 180 cm (I think it is 72 inches) and weigh 173 lbs. I can do hs w2w, hs w2w 180, almost ts w2w, almost hs w2w 180 half cab and surface slides. I have been riding for 4 - 5 month 1 - 2 times a week.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-24-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
I hope I'll get some response. Hopefully before tomorrow, because I will attend my first beginner competition
Old    bross            06-24-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
The TFD will definetly be faster and feel lighter because it is smaller. You will get more pop out of the TFD. The different fin setup on the TFD in regard to the Belmont may take some getting used to with surface tricks. I would go for it. Buying new gear is always fun and the TFD and Parks bindings are a great combination that will make riding so much fun. Peace.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-24-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
Thanks Brian. Will surface tricks with 0,7 A fins, be close to the Belmont?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
I ride the TFD with 0.7 A-wings and it's great! Surface spins wont be a problem... Releasing the TFD off the wake for the best pop does take some getting used too, expecially toeside. But once you get it then its far better then the Belmont in terms of pop ( Unless your Murray ). I ride the TFD with 2004 LF Ultras though, Parks' were way too flexible for me but did hold really well.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-25-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
I ride a motive 134 and 2004 Parks bindings. I just bought a TFD 136 and its on the way because I am looking for a bit more pop than my motive.
As for the Parks, I think they are the best bindings made and I am never going to trade them in.

But I'll let you know about the TFD when I ride it.
Old    shareejeremy            06-25-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
Casper
If you decide to sell your belmont bindings. I'm looking for some.
Let me know
Thanks
ShaRee
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-27-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
ShaRee I live in Denmark so I don't think you want them. The shipping cost, will almost be the same as a new pair

I bought the TFD 136 with Parks bindings. What a setup. I Pop twice as much as I did with my Belmont. And the cut is so sweet. It is like you put it on tracks. I did my first ts indy grab (I am still a newbie ). And that was in my first beginner competition. The Belmont almost feels like a ferry compared to this board. All my friends told me, that they could see my ride has improved so much, and all of them wants to try it now. I will highly recomend this board and bindings.
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-27-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
hey im riding a 1999 juvi 131 and ive ben thinking of geting a 2003 tfd cuz im looking for a little more pop and softer landings now that im doing more advanced tricks. so could u fill me in a little and tell me about it. like how long did it take to get used to and does it edge slow and all the stuff u can tell me thanks alot.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-27-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
I have tried it three times now. One ride before the competion and two times in the competition. I loved/love it from the first ride. I think it pops great and very predictable. From my first ride I started to pop twice the height, than I did with my Belmont. The Belmont is very slow so I start to rush my jumps, and then I loose my timing. The TFD edges really quickly and hard. The landings are very soft/smooth. Almost as smooth as my 141 Belmont even though my TFD is only 136.
I haven't tried the Juvi board, but I know you will get alot more pop in the TFD. And it edges alot harder. I couldn't demo it before I bought it. But I don't regret the buy.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-27-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
alot of post about the TFD.. search for them, i've said a ton about it.
Old    flanknid            06-30-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
I have tried a lot of boards. I hated the Byerly. Probably because I'm not good enough to ride it. The Park's board was also difficult. I loved Murry's board, "Temet". Please try it.