Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-28-2011, 11:36 AM Reply   
Anybody have any experience with this board and boot combo. I'm new to the sport and was looking for a board. The two good shops near me both suggested the 143 District board. I'm a big guy (6' 235#) and my initial reaction was that seemed a little to the small side. Researching seems to say the surface area is pretty good. This will likely be the "community" board for anybody wanting to give it a try. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-28-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
143 is plenty big. They don't make boards much bigger. District seems like a good board to start on and pretty popular. My local shop has been selling them like hot cakes.
Old     (wakeboarder557)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2011, 3:55 PM Reply   
The District is hands down one of my favorite boards i've ever ridden. It is super easy to ride and has a very fun feel to it. Here is a video of me riding it at owc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECHlCdqkM4c
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-30-2011, 7:24 PM Reply   
i Heard it was a great board from my bud Julian Cohen.
check out this sweet video of him on it.

from WakeWorld on Vimeo.

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-31-2011, 1:52 AM Reply   
The board is plenty big. This is a great board with an older pro model shape. This was th shape of the original arcade by bill. The rocker has perfect blend of continous shape for a predictable smooth consistant pop, and a subtle three stage for some kick. Its forgiving yet able to be charged hard. A perfect community board and one to grow with.

Can't reallycomment on bindings except for Ronix makes great comfy bindings. Love their product
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-08-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
if i recall the district has the most surface area of any board in the ronix line. including the ibex. makes for HUGE pop.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-08-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
Swatguy, you are incorrect. This is a new shape for 2011.
Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       06-09-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
This is the same setup I ride. It's my first board and its pretty good. I still have a lot to learn. I'm 6'2" 215 (Put on a few pounds over the years..heh). The shop\dealer I got my boat from gave me a setup with the purchase of my boat and they recommended this board as a good all around board. The bindings fit and feel great!

Last edited by 4Nash; 06-09-2011 at 2:46 PM. Reason: ...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-10-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Justin until 11 with the shape change it was in fact the original Arcade by bill shape. I apologize for not knowing the 11 model was redesigned