Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-27-2003, 5:03 PM Reply   
speaker side
speaker side
front side
front side
front up close
front up close
bottom side
bottom side
bottom up close
bottom up close
straight from WetBox-- unpainted
unpainted straight from wet box

big thanks to BJ and Nic at wet box

and an even bigger thanks to Chris the Painter of this box..
if any body need an airbrush guy let me know..

any Questions just post'M

(Message edited by south30 on January 27, 2003)
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-27-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   
thts a phat box what are you loading it with?I was thinking of something like that but for 4 6x9's
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-27-2003, 5:41 PM Reply   
I think Wet Box is on to something here. Very nice.

Travis Farber
Wake Mw Products
www.Wake-Me.com
Old    kschroeder            01-28-2003, 6:44 AM Reply   
That's sweet... What kind of speakers are you going to use?
Old     (bigfaceplanter)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-28-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
Dare I ask How much that set you back?

Ball Park figure?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-28-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
looks real easy 2 make, if your good with fiberglas!
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
O the price, you tell me if it seems fair?
the box we got one of the fist ones from wet box they have raised there prices sence we bought this..
and my air brush guy told me not to tell how much he charge cause he did way more to the box than the first price he quoted us.. he only went the extra mile cause he had never seeen some thing like this before..
The speakers are Planet audio co-axe. they where $65 a pair ( got a little deal cause i bought 3 pairs) they are a great bang for the buck.3-yr warrenty. had them on my last tower..

OK total $872 all the install will be done by me.
I'm sure any body out there could get in to a box like this for around a $1000.00 or so.

P.S. -- there was alot of phone and foot work that was free also.
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2003, 2:06 PM Reply   
Kevin,
as far as being easy to make,,,well let me say that this box is almost a 1/4" thick(very sturdy) NO WOOD, very important cause my painter said that he has painted a few car audio boxs that were wood and fiberglass and they just keep cracking(the paint) cause the wood moves (expands and contracts) .Wet box also told me that they lay the fiber glass in molds like a boat the box even had a gel coat on it.
But a good fiberglass guy might be able to do it..
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-28-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
How do you like the Planet Speakers and what model are they? I work for a marina that is a dealer for both Planet Audio and Wet Box. The boxes are great but they have never sold any planet speakers, just the amps.
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
Roy the speakers are a great bang for the buck,, $65 a pair that dirt cheep. I'm runing P6252X they are there 6 1/2 coaxels. very loud and clear with a good amp and crossover.. the 6 and the tweeter are only conected by the housing, unlike the old coaxel speakers which the mounting pole for the tweeter went straight threw the 6 to mount centered on the speaker..
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-28-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
How do they sound compared to other speakers you have heard? I have a box similar to yours that I am putting on the demo boat for the dealer (which I am the lucky one who gets to take care of and use as if it is my own :-)). We don't have anythign on the front because we had Nick and BJ put 2 5.25's up there instead. It is being painted now so I have not gotten to hear the set-up and was wondering if we would be better off selling the quarts and getting planets? I was also looking into cdt's but they have a lot of crossovers that I do not want to mount in the box. What are you mounting it with? we used ryno gear bracket swhcih look and work great.
Old    cws_kahuna            01-29-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
Great looking box. My only concern would possibly be all the extra added weight from all the speakers. Do any of you think this could cause a problem on a choppy day? Anyway the box really does look great and I bet it will sound great as well.
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
Roy ,
i don't know what you are running your speakers with but your whole system is only as good as its weakest link... so don't skinmp on the amp and what ever speaker you go with it will sound good. remember you only need noise. a boat is not a car don't try to get sound quality. just loud and clear. if you are going to run 6- 6 1/2's and 2-5 1/4's every body is going to hhear you for a good distance away.... So a spend little extra on the amp and save a few bucks on the speakers.

mounting --- we are mounting it on a Super air and we looked at it for a while be for deciding to mount the box on the flat cross supports... there are no mounts for that type of bar that we could find, and we wanted the clearance for the bimini. we are just going to bolt it on there. just like our flight clip ar in stalled..
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-29-2003, 6:05 PM Reply   
Yeah, my amps are good and clean and i am 99% sure it will sound great, if only i could go back from school and finish the install :-(