Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-18-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
This weekend we were cruising through some rough chop, and we went to turn up the volume, and found that our deck fell behind the panel.

I think this should be an easy fix, but I am totally lost when it comes to stereo's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
I cant wait to see the reply's on this one
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
Duct tape and bungees comes to mind.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-18-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
ok, holding back the smart arse in me... You obviously need to pull off whatever panels in order to get the deck from wherever it fell into. Most decks have a metal basket type thing that they slide into. The basket has a lip around the outside edge of it. My bet is that this lip has bent and allowed the deck to slip past it. So you will need to bend it back so that it catches again. The deck should also have a mounting strap on the back of it to help carry the weight, if you dont have one, you should install one. I would recommend plumbers tape. Its a flexible metal strap like deal that has lots of holes in it. You can pick it up at any hardware store. Good luck!
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-18-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Gorilla glue!! Lots of it, and make sure you spray some water on it till it sets!!
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-18-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
Thanks T-Bag. This was a difficult post for me, b/c I assumed I would get some whippy reply's.

Anything involving wires, and electricity I have no clue in repairing. Thanks for the knowhow.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
MIKE: Sorry for laughing @ you. I clickied on the post. I was hoping I could offer some advice/help. When I saw how "Non discript" your post was asking for help was it made me laugh. How the hell can you help someone when you dont have all the detail's Like Dr Evil say's "Need the info throw me a fricken bone" LOL

Kind of like how when people sell things like a pair of shoes and dont list the size. Your like Ok moving on.

So Back 2 your problem If Im gonna help I need some important info.
1. How choppy was the water your were driving in when your head unit fell out of your dash?
2. Were you playing country music?
3. How did it make you feel when your Head unit fell?

Thanks G
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-18-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
LOL you guys are relentless!! Take it easy on the guy!
Old    Ben Kerran            08-18-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
G- Let's assume
1. perfect butter
2. country
3. like his girlfriend
left him and his dog died in the same day.

Please respond accordingly
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
ok, so did this country music make him like his girlfriend or did it make him feel like he was his girlfriend.