Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
How do I install a stereo in a new '08 malibu? The control panel is electronic. Do you have to buy a special module?
Old     (sigmodes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
No.. It has all your RCA pre out's and turn on at the JBL brain under the glove box.
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
does any unit work or only jbl? does the electronic control on the panel then control the unit from any manufacturer?
Sorry about my ignorance.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-11-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
Not to be negative, but if you are asking these sort of questions, I would advise you to take the boat to a professional installer to have it done.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-11-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
Everyone's gotta learn sometime...can't say i'd be too comfortable on a brand new boat though! ;)

www.bcae1.com will be a good resource for you David, but will probably be a bit too basic for you at first. If once you've finished reading that, you have some more specific questions (your manual should answer the ones you've asked so far), you'll probably get a more tailored response.

HTH man, good luck on your install!
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-11-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
BTW, let me know what you find out about whether or not your factory control face can control non-branded HU's back at the deck, it typically will not work that way, but just about anything's possible nowadays....
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-13-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
Don't think the malibu dash will control anythign but the JBL black box. I have one, think it sucks. Install a regular marine deck, and put a wired remote under the dash like the 07 and older malibu's
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-13-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
David, try to be a little bit more specific about what you're looking to install and acheive with your system and what exactly you have now. Then we can be more of a help.

As far as the dash controls, I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll get anything but the JBL box to work with your LCD screens on your dash. There is the black box as well as a second interface box. You could buy that stuff from your dealer and add it, but if you don't have it I would just run off an EQ like the Wetsounds WS420 (if you're gonna use an Ipod) or purchase a head unit and mount a remote on the drivers side.
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
thanks. I just wanted to know if anything but the dealer installed head unit would work with the lcd dash screen.