Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-29-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Talked with Eric at OJ Props today. He said this prop (14.75 x 13 is what I wrote down) is the best prop for a HEAVILY weighted x-star, as far as getting out of the whole fastest and plaining out. However, this prop does run a little higher on RPM's than the 14.25 x 14 or the 14.75 x 15.5, both OJ Props. I currently have the 14.25 x 14 and running the fly high system in my xstar. When planed out I usually run about 3800 to 4200 rpms. Then usually have 3 or 4 people in the boat. If all people ride in the back the boat takes a bit to plane out. Maybe that is why Travis Moye has mentioned using up to 300lbs of additional lead in the front of the boat. I would imagine I should send a PM to Travis Moye. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this.
Old    star_star            01-29-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
i had a 14.25 X 14 on my 05 xstar with mcx. my 08 xstar with L18 has the 14.75 X 15.5. i have never heard of the 14.75 X 13 but if eric suggests you try it then that is what i would do. which engine do you have in your xstar? i just bought an 08 monarch 56". i only rode it once. how do you like yours. what should i expect/what does it ride like? thanks and good luck with the experimental prop.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-30-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
I have the 350 MXC. Eric at OJ did say for this motor it would do everything I mentioned in the above post. I am probably going to buy it and try it out and use my 14.25 x 14 as my back up.

I really like my 08 Monarch 56" board. Here is what I rode last year and the order I liked it.

1. 08 Monarch 56"
2. 08 Merak 141 (might try the 146 this year)
3. 08 Monarch 54" (too short, 56" has even easier and softer landings
4. 08 Premier (my old board before I tried all these was the 05 premier)
5. 08 B-side (great board, just wasnt for me)
6. 08 Murray (still feels heavy, but two of my good friends love the board and they have all tried it as well)

The Merak and Monarch are so light and the landings are so soft! You will like the Monarch. I feel that the Monarch made me edge correctly on my wake cuts, toeside and heelside. If you need anymore info let me know.
Old     (coz)      Join Date: May 2008       01-30-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
If Eric at OJ says that, then you can take it to the bank and cash in. I think it's safe to say he knows his props
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-02-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
I am going to give that prop a try.