Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-09-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
We are considering ordering a '09 Supra 22ssv and Supra now offers 2 seating options.

1. The 'love seat' rear facing seat behind the driver (like years past)

or

2. The traditional wrap around seating option

We are wanting to know what you do/don't like about the rear facing love seat, pros/cons, if you had the option, which option would you choose and why.

We primarily surf behind our boat, don't board too much. All surfing on the starboard side. In our current 21v, we use the starboard wrap around seat and storage underneath for x-tra ballast.

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-09-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
I've got a 24SSV GG with the wrap-around seat. I, and everyone else that rides in the boat, love it. When the boat is in motion, someone is always sitting on it. When we're rafted up, someones sitting on it. There's also a pretty good amount of storage there.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-09-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
I have an 07 22SSV ( going on almost two years).

I would rather have the traditional wrap around. Storage is the same or similar with either arrangement.

I don't surf much but if you surf starboard side, it's actually better IMO to have the love seat...you can fit a sac in between the back bench and love seat then set another sac on top of that sac/love seat/and back seat ( hopefully that makes sense) The sacs will be on top of each other , formgin a "cross". Traaditional wrap around ( similar to your 21v) seats dont; have the seat depth to hold a sac up on the seat ( I normally tie my up to the tower to hodl them on). the 24 SSV will have enough seat depth to hold a fat sac I think?

the love seat makes the drviers seat/area feel more cramped ( main reason I don't like it) I'm 6'3". ( FYI, that boat was designed for a driver under 6'.)

Finally, the traditional seating open the boat up more IMO, but the love seat is great for having more people facing reward to watch riders.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-09-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
I love it, everybody who goes out with me moves it... I much prefer it over the traditional seating arrangement for the reasons that John described. Somebody is always sitting there, and the storage is easily accessible...

However, if you surf a lot on the STARBOARD side, you might want to consider the full rear seat (as opposed to the steps) or the traditional wrap around seating... because bags don't stack well on the love seat, or the rear steps. That is the only drawback I can think of to the loveseat option...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-09-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
John, did you mean to say the love seat???
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-09-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
Adam and I were posting at the same time.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-09-2009, 8:43 AM Reply   
I prefer the love seat to the wrap around. I had it on my 24 and now on my 22. It is what makes the Supra unique in my opinion. It is my favorite seat in the boat when I am not driving.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-09-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
I love the seating, but not so much the intrusion on the floor space in the center of the boat... There are always toddlers in my boat (usually anyways) and they like to crawl around on the floor. The love seat is great for seating, but I think I would love the wrap around as well like my old Moomba. The thing I like best is the playpen bow, and don't get the steps/cooler if you like to surf there.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-09-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
get the wrap around in the 24 but the traditional in the 22...floor space is what makes any boat not feel cramped.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-09-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
The main lounge area is the exact same size in the 22 and 24, only difference is the bow and the stern lengths.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-09-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
I have an older SSV with the wrap around. Actually, my 2004 doesn't quite wrap around; it is open floor space directly behind the captain's chair which is the perfect spot for a cooler.

I was not a fan of the loveseat when it first came out solely becuase of the intrusion on the floor space. I prefer a roomy boat over a crowded one. In fact, I often take out the rear bench seat when there are ony one or two people coming out on the boat. If the seating isn't needed I prefer to have the floor space for gear, especially during the winter when there are dry suits taking up space.

A few years ago I participated in a Supra owners forum with Mike Brown from Supra. I do see the value of the loveseat, but it's not for everyone. My suggestion to Mike was to make the loveseat removable. That way if you only had a few people coming with you and didn't need the extra seat, you could remove it and open up some floor space. Seems to me that would be a viable solution to satisfy everyone?
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-09-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Great info and suggestions so far guys, thank you very much
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-09-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
I know it is not the side you want to surf on, but this is how we load out my boat in the summer for surfing... the wave is massive.

rear port - (front GG 1100lb. bag as full as it gets) approx. 900
floor - 750
port rear seat - 750
front locker 400 (for now, need bigger sac)

That is 2800 right there.

People in the pics, guy in Red shirt (450), guy in hoodie (250), feet hanging off the bow (250)... there is 900 for three people (I work with them, fun day for the office)

me in the black shirt, white hat (165) and the co-owner Blake in the black hat and black vest (185). And some other guy from the office, don't remember his name we will say about 150 for him.

That was about 4000lbs not including gas or anything else.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-09-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
looks like a roller could just sink that boat
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-09-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Nick, that wave is insane!!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-09-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Holy hell. Now that is some serious list.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-09-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
actually it is really easy to take on water if you don't pay very close attention while driving. It is almost as bad when we have all the sacs full and are wakeboarding, worse with lots of people. The wakeboarding wake is huge as well!
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-09-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
If thats the 24 with 2800 in it, I can't wait to slam my 22 with 3200. Haha
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-09-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
Yeah, you will love it for sure.

This is the wake with 2 750's full in the rear lockers, and the 1100 full up front. 2 people in the boat, 75 feet back, 24.5mph, wakeplate at 75% up.

Rider is 6'1", starting his backroll...

Upload
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-09-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
nice lookin wake!

I rode behind a 24 ssv 2 years ago at wake the lake and liked it
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-09-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
Rear facing seat or wrap? Here is what I would ask.

Does your crew mostly ride? Get the rear facing seat

Does your crew mostly hang out with less riding? Get the wrap.