Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       11-08-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
Guys,
I need some volunteers to fill out a two part survey. I will post the first part of the survey under this post. If you can post in this thread with your responses, and your hometown and state that would be so great. This is for an important class and my grade is riding on it. Thanks so much.

Mike

(Message edited by mikemcmill on November 08, 2004)
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       11-08-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
Competitive Attributes Survey

Below, please list the most important considerations to you when you make a decision on “Visiting a Boating store.”

______________________________ (most important aspect)

______________________________ (2nd most important aspect)

______________________________ (3rd most important aspect)

Below, please identify the three businesses (or products / services) that you consider most when you are initially making a purchase decision on “Boats and Boating Accessories.”

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-08-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
I'm not real clear on the first question:

"Visiting a boating store."

Do you mean a boat dealer? Or a marine supply store?
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       11-08-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
Has the product (brand and item) I want or need (most important aspect)

Prices are competitive with online prices (if I were to pay shipping). Can be slightly more if the product is in stock and I don't have to order it. (2nd most important aspect)

Staff understands my needs and can answer any questions I might have promptly and completely. (3rd most important aspect)

I'm not sure I understand the second part. I look for Brand first, Price second, convienience and knowledgable sales staff third (depending on how complicated the purchase is). In other words, if I'm buying a boat, I'll stay local. If I'm buying a rope or fat sac, any online source will do if it has the brand and model I want.
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       11-08-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
the first part means, what are the three most important aspects you look for when visiting a boating store to buy anything from teak oil, to a new board/vest, to a new boat. The second part asks for your three top stores you would visit.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-08-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
Mike,
The response to the first question: Price, quality, availability.
The second question has me : Is it the names of my favorite 3 business' to buy from? If so, it depends on what I'm buying, ie. a boat purchase vs. a rope purchase vs. a stereo for the boat. So the question either needs a long, elaborate answer or it needs to be more specific. IMO of course!!!!
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       11-08-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
How about your three most frequent?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-09-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
I make sure that it is a Malibu, than I make sure it is at a Malibu Dealership- than I make sure I can get in in the water the same day!
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-09-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
OK, I'll go for that. 1st choice (for second question) is Wakeside online, 2nd is Boarders Paradise for "gotta have it now accessories." 3rd choice, EBAY!!!
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       11-09-2004, 10:28 PM Reply   
hey buffalo once again you are no help. . . but i still love you man!

-Mikey