Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-20-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
I'm adding to the ballast system in my boat. It's actually setup as a separate system. One pump for the front ballast and one pump for the rear. I'm adding 2 bags under the front seats. Do I need to run a vent line off of the bags and out the side of the boat? Or when the bags are full, will it force the extra water out of the drain line? TIA
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-21-2006, 3:37 AM Reply   
A couple years back there were pictures of a boat where the fat sack with no vent line was over filled and pushed the top deck of the boat up breaking the fiberglass at the rub rail and around the seats. I would have a vent line off the top of the bag. To easy to get distracted while filling and let it over fill.
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
Just make sure you put a check valve on your overflow line or you will not empty your bags completely.
Old     (saltyoysters)      Join Date: May 2006       05-21-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
HOW ABOUT A ROUTING DIAGRAM TO INSTALL REAR SACS IN A V DRIVE
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
The systems i usually sell are made for a pump in trhe front and two in the rear, one for each side.they are also on remote switches,one for the front and one for each side. the are also reversable.
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-21-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
You can see the systems at MAKE-A-WAKE.COM
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
Click on the link in the "Ballast" section for information on how I did mine.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1482