Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-11-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
I kinda feel dumb for asking this question(i feel like the obvious answer is no), But my family found this Bu that we like..... the only thing is the tower. We like the illusion X tower. Can the other one be taken of and replaced with the Illusion tower, It's an 06 VLX
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-11-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
What tower does it come with? Is it a Titan?
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-11-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
I think so, but i'm not positive
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-11-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
The Titan has a very good reputation for strength and lack of noise.

(Message edited by trentj6930 on February 11, 2009)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-11-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
to answer your question, yes, but only by a dealer. My understanding is that malibu will only sell an Illusion X tower if a dealer is going to do the install (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, you probably want a dealer to do it anyway.

However, IMO the Titan III is the best :-)
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-11-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Does the Titan tower have a bimini, speakers and racks? If not, it will look A LOT better once it does. You will spend about 3k on the tower not to mention a few hundred for the install and about $500-$750 to patch the fiberglass and gelcoat on the old mounts.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-11-2009, 9:13 PM Reply   
while the illusion tower is the best looking and most functional tower on the market(my opinion) the titan comes in close behind as far as being strong, quiet, rattle free and functional. i had the titan on my family sunsetter growing up and it was great. easy to fold down and once we got the bimini and speakers up it looked great.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-11-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
titan towers look clean with the bimini up and clean speakers on it with a couple racks its money. if you want to make a easy change keep the tower and get it powder coated to match the hull.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2009, 11:23 PM Reply   
Like everyone else is saying, yes, it's possible. But the Titan is the best tower out there. As a foil rider, and a big one, and hanging out with a bunch of big guys who put our boats thru crazy stunts pretty regularly, we put towers thru hell. Illusions don't handle the abuse Titans do, and won't carry nearly as much gear.
Old    shooter_08            02-12-2009, 3:52 AM Reply   
Lets take this a step further. Has anyone ever seen a illusion X tower on anything but a Bu? (I.E. Nautique, Mastercraft or Centurion)
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-12-2009, 5:58 AM Reply   
Here is what I have found when I was buying my Malibu..

The Titan is a stronger tower and I think it is a more expensive option if buying a new Malibu. I think the Illusion tower makes Malibu what it is today. It looks sick and thats one of the big reasons I think Malibu is the best. I looked at alot of boats and if any of them had a Titan tower I was not interested. The illusion was a priority on my new boat even though its a cheaper option than the Titan.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-12-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
eric my man, nice point illusion towers look better than any other my opinion.
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-12-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
if i remember correctly with wake setters there is no cost difference.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
I am going to give another thumbs up for the Titan. Another factor to consider is that if you want to put some serious speakers on the tower, the Titan is the way to go. You have much more head clearance which gives you more head room after hanging speakers. Speakers on a Titan also sit farther back on a boat. The higher hanging point and the fact the speakers sit farther back allows you to blast the music out to the rider without having to hand out ear plugs to those in the back seat of the boat. When I bought my VLX, I specifically sought out one with a Titan III because I knew I wanted music blasting to the rider (especially when its me!). That said, I agree the Illusion looks sick and is definitely a better looking tower than the Titan. But I take function over looks any day of the week. Plus, while not as hot as the Illusion, the Titan III is pretty nice looking. The Titan II...not so much.
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-13-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
eric- when i bought my 247, i opted for the titan III, and was given a credit because i was told the illusion was more money.... btw..i love my titan!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-14-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
I have the Titan III and If I bought another Malibu today It would have the Titan III again over the Illusion Tower. The only thing about Titan that sucks is their website.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-14-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
wow I spoke too soon they updated their website. I take that last comment back. It has been years since Titan updated their site I just assumed it still sucked. Sorry.
Titan Rules
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-14-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
I have the illusion and it is nice, but would like to have the illusion.
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-14-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
I know where there is a illusion for sale atleast I think it is not sure of the price but I am sure it could be bought reasonable. If you are interested let me know and I will go check it out