Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-13-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
So I'm sitting here thinking about all of the things I need or want to do to my new boat before spring gets here. There's a decent list, but one of the things I was wondering about is my boat cover. I didn't realize my boat had a cover when I bought it at auction, so I had already lined up to buy a custom towing cover (the kind that hugs the rub rail and straps in the back). When I Picked up my boat, I found a really nice snap cover tucked in one of the compartments. 2 pieces, one for the bow and one for the rest of the boat. It needs a wash, but actually fit really nice and appears to be in great shape. I guess my question is do these snap covers work well for towing long distance? What are opinions regarding tow cover vs snap cover?
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-13-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I have had both types of covers. My old boat had the bow and cockpit snap style and my Malibu has an evolution. If I wasn't scared about drilling holes in the boat I would have put snaps on again. I liked the ability to leave on the bow cover if it was cold and crappy or even if the lake was really rough. My Evolution is nice but I did have some minor rub marks after a 9 hour trip. The marks came out easy but they were still a pain. For the return trip I bought 3" masking tape and taped the spots where it rubbed and it worked fine. The snaps can sometimes rip out of the fabric if you aren't a little bit careful. ALso when you wax the boat they can be a bit of a pain to clean around. Hope this helps.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-13-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
I've heard of people leaving the bow snap cover on when its cold...what does this do?
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-13-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
It just stops the cold wind from coming through the walkthrough. It is very surprising how much wind it will block. Also it doubles as a nice place to throw extra junk that ends up on the floor from the kids!!
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-13-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
After a long day of boating/riding, we put the bow cover on with the center cushion and our little man crawls in there and sleeps.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-13-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
Right on the mark on David. Our kids used to do that as well. Another thing that was nice is if you happen to get caught in a storm you can put most of the rear snap cover on starting at the rear and most of the people can hide from rain or hail etc. We got caught in a wicked hailstorm that moved in really fast and it sure made it easy for the kids.