Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-07-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
I live in Washington and am thinking about going to a wakeboard camp. Anyone know of camps in California that run this time of year through the spring (eg. during non-summer months)?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
I would check out Mike Schwenne at McClure. Or Ian Kirk at Ensane (Redding) if he's still doing it. I've been to Ensane Wakeboard Camp twice. Ian is a great coach.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-08-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
I would definatley check out Westcoast Camps
http://www.westcoastcamps.com
My boys went there and came back with some great tweaks in their style. Mike is the best and Jared Couch and Mike Buckle are awesome!!!!
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       10-08-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
My son and I went to westcoastcamps. It was great and I would highly recommend it. You spend a week on the houseboat and immerse yourself in the sport.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
Definately West Coast Camps!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-08-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
West Coast Camps rocks. Ian Kirk is also an awsome instructor, although I am not sure if he is still doing camps. Have a good one.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-08-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
West coast camps, according to their web site, only offers lessons during the summer. Anyone know of a camp with lesson non-summer? Maybe more in the San Diego or SoCal area?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
Josh Smith might do lessons in the off season.

http://www.yoshiscamp.com/Home.html
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       10-08-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
I rode with Josh a few times. He's a pretty good instructor. Bucky (Mike Buckle) is a really good instructor but I think he's at Chiropractic school now. Not sure if he'll be back next summer. We can only hope.

Mr. Buffalow: You should convince Mike to have a "big man's camp" week where you can instruct and all of us 6 foot plus men over 210lbs can get schooled.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-08-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
IM in if that happens. Im pushing 215
Old     (airmandy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-19-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
Hi: Me and a few friends checked out www.learn2wakeboard.com this summer. We found them through a friend in San Francisco. Anyhow, it was the best money we spent this season. First, I was clearing the wake, but not doing the progressive edge, basically getting no pop,(air) They fixed that. Now, I'm getting enough air to start flips and rolls. Next Season. Wow.. What a different a day makes. My other girlfriends where beginners. The instructors, Ric, Yvonne and Kent got them up in 1 to 2 pulls. Now they are jumping wake faster then when I started. I believe they have opened a school in San Diego and Los Angeles. It isnt a camp, it's day trips. They are alot of fun and great at teaching wakeboarding. Easy Going and Not Intimidating (msp)was the best part of how they teach. Check them out.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-19-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Go to Brandon @ www.westsidewakeboard.com he's the man.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-21-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
Josh Smith's camp is almost done for the season (end of October), but he still will do lessons on your own personal boat during the winter. Both Josh and Mike are great instructors and very patient too.