Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-10-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
Hi, Thanks for looking.
Does anyone have any tips experiences etc. for houseboating on Lake Roosevelt, WA?
Looking to plan a trip late season this year or even just getting a head start for 2007. I found a couple of different marinas that offer houseboats, Kettle Falls and RRE (Roosevelt Rec Enterprises) Anyone had good/bad experiences with eiter? RRE is closer, less of a drive from Seattle. Is it better to drive further up the lake to get more access to the lake? Also, I have never rented a houseboat so any info/tips would be greatly appreciated. Like towing my Sanger, dealing with gas, etc.
Thanks!
Hank
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-10-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
Anyboby?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Troy (liveoz) goes Memorial Day and Labor Day over there. Ryan (airrantz) also goes there. Hopefully they will see this thread.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-10-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Lake Roosevelt is sick. We shot the 06 GB Catalog there. We had two houseboats and a whole slew of people. Can't go wrong if you're looking for a decent Northwest houseboating spot.

Upload
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
Agreed Lake Roosevelt is sick. My parents have a cabin at Seven Bays, and I can vouch that the houseboats out of there are very nice. Check out http://www.dakotacolumbia.com/ Our neighbors run this company out of Seven Bays Marina. You can always find a nice cove to camp at, and in late July-Sept. the water level is lower and there is beach everywhere. Right now the lake is full, but the debris is easy to avoid, and the water is warming up. Low 70s on 4th of July.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
keep it down. it sucks bad. really bad. ;)

we use the houseboat place out of keller ferry. not sure the name of it, but you really have to check, double-check and triple-check EVERYTHING they do and be sure to get EVERYTHING in writing. there have been several times (out of like 9 years) that they've goofed stuff up, but my dad has caught it before we head out. seven bays is a great place to put out, but you can't go wrong with keller ferry either. we go every year first weekend in august, unfortunately this year we cancelled because my wife's due on the 18th and just just too remote to risk it. you will have the time of your life. my word of adivce. your vacation begins the moment you set foot on the boat--period. don't try and go too far, or see to much, or you'll fall victim to the "are we there yet" syndrom. we learned this our first trip out and wasted a LOT of gas looking for the perfect beach. another tip is, if you've got a good scout boat, USE it. they (at least keller) like to try and get everybody out at around the same time so it's kind of a mad dash. also depending on when you put out, there may be others who are still out that are just overlapping your stay. so it's good to have a scout boat with a set of good family radios. it's worth it. out of everything i've done in my life. the houseboat on LR is the best and something myself and my family truly looks forward to every year. if you have more questions or want to talk offline, just email me brucemac@gmail.com
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
oh, i should add, that the keller ferry boats are a little dated, BUT they are priced accordingly as compared to the link ryan sent. my parents i think looked into those folks, but we just aren't hip to the hot tub idea up top. the keller boats have a HUGE flat area with a horshoe seating area and about 2/3rds of us end up sleeping up top under the stars every night. those boats look WAY nice, but another thing, with 13+ people on their you're going to trash it with all the sand, toys, etc. the keller boats have vinyl flooring and it cleans up easy. not trying to bash the dakotacolumbia one's but with all of our kids, it would be impossible to keep clean and the hot tub up top would be a waste of money. good luck!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
hey just looked at your profile. did you launch out of magnason about a month or so ago? i think i saw you whiping down your boat after pulling out. nice boat btw.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-10-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks for the tips. Bruce, yes we live in the city and Magnuson is where we launch alot. Early morning of course! Thanks about the boat, (I need to put a better pic up in my profile) :-)
Hank