Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       12-10-2009, 1:15 AM Reply   
Is it okay to leave your board in the car while you're at work?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-10-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
I always do but if you have heat moldable bindings would think that would not be good might un do the mold???
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-10-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Probably not a good idea to do it regularly. I keep my board in the covered bed of my pickup a lot. So I ignore my own advice. But the white fiberglass topper seems to keep the bed much cooler than the inside of the truck. The bindings would be my biggest concern.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-10-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Its going to stink up the car
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-10-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
Yup... Damp board gear is super stinky really quick. Every once in a while I get lazy when I get home from riding and leave my wet gear in my truck. By morning it's amazingly smelly.

If it's hot enough to un-mold your bindings, then it's hot enough to remold them when you put your feet in... In fact, I don't really buy into the heatmolded bindings for wakeboarding. When your board is sitting in the rack and it's 105 degrees out your bindings are getting baked in the direct sun how hot do you think they are? Tell me that's not hot enough to "un-mold" your bindings.?.

Anywho... that's my rant. LOL!! Leaving your board in your car during the day will be just fine. Keep it out of direct sun if you can and cover it up so your ride doesn't get broken into.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-10-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
up north here we cannot keep pop in the car during the winter or it would explode, down in florida you cannot keep pop in the car during the summer or it would explode, and i'm thinking how hot to blow up a pop can? >140dgr?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
Not according to myth busters:

SPINOFF: Leaving a can of aerosol spray or cola inside a hot car can cause it to explode. (From Pilot 2)

busted

The aerosol cans didn’t explode inside a car after sitting in the sun for hours. Both aerosol and cola took temperatures of over 300 °F (150 °C) to blow.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       12-10-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
What's pop? jk
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-11-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
Mythbusters is wrong. My wife has proven that Coke cans rupture in her car several times. I saw that episode too.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-11-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
I leave everything in my car all the time because you never know when shred will ensue ;) I think people get too worked up about board care... its just a wakeboard.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-12-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
mythbusters is busted!
I didn't hear this from someone, it happened to us
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       12-14-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
Luker, it may be just a wakeboard to you, but to others its a $700 piece of equipment that we can't afford to replace more than once every couple years. That is enough to get us "worked up" about board care.
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-14-2009, 6:43 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-14-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
Freezing with make a can or bottle explode. So will altitude. Not heat, within reason.