Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    karvin            05-21-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
What do you guys think?
I know the auction is ended but I might be able to get it somehow for 19600$.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4640704590&sspagename= ADME:L:RTQ:CA:1

Thanks
Karv
Old    karvin            05-21-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
up, sorry guys but i need inputs ASAP

peace,
karv
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-21-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
Be careful of scams. People will contact you claiming to be the seller. It'd be advisable to purchase the boat first hand, verses sending a cashier's check off in the mail.

As far as the boat goes, I'd be concerned about the interior. The interior being as trashed as it is, you know that the rest of it is on the verge of falling a part. Interior can get very pricey to fix.

The prop looks like it's munched. So there's another $350 you'll have to spend. The prop impacted something, so you have to wonder, is the shaft bent?

good luck.
Old    karvin            05-21-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
The guy said later in the auction that he got the cushion fixed and that he got the prop refinished after those pictures were taken.
He also said that he just put new exhauts bellows. The boat has 600hrs and the engine 325hrs?

p.s.: its not a scam, im dealing with the real seller.

thanks

(Message edited by karvin on May 21, 2006)
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-22-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
i wouldn't say that vinyl is an indication of the condition of the rest of the boat. vinyl failures like that are pretty common on Supras from that era. which cushion did he fix? or all three were fixed? expect to pay about $1k for full repairs with a good upholstery shop, or $3k if you take it to the dealer.

600 hrs is normal for a '99, just shows it was used regularly which is good. the first engine was replaced before its time. maybe it was severely overheated, or not properly winterized one year since it's up north.

inboards don't have exhaust bellows; those are on I/O's. he may have replaced the exhaust hoses, though, which would also be before their time unless something bad happened. overheating kills exhaust parts before the motor, so maybe this went along with the motor failure.

since the prop is/was} chewed, look carefully around the rudder & cutlass bearing for spider cracking in the gelcoat. turn the prop by hand and make sure it's not binding.

re scams - you are safest with an in-person, local sale type deal.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
Karvin, I don't know where you're located, but if you're really interested, jump on a plane and go check it out. You can get a ticket I'm sure for less than $400, and if you catch an early flight, you can still get home for dinner. Consider it an insurance policy against the $20k. You'll get a much better idea of the quality, and i'm sure the guy would be willing to take you out in the water (he'd better be).

Also, if the $19.6k bidder fell through, you should be able to talk him down to at least $19k if not a little lower, especially if you bring cayshe.