Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    nonsequiteur            02-08-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
Im just trying to find out whether its a decent boat for boarding or not. I live down in Fl and most of my usage would be on the intercoastal waterway and the channel out to the gulf. Im a bit worried about what people have been saying about how saltwater eats a regular inboard, and esp about not wanting to run them in salt/brackish water for resale value in the future. Were I to get a reg inboard I was considering a Moomba and outfitting it with the freshwater cooling. Just interested in anybodys take on this. I have been boarding before, but only behind I/O boats, would Like to get a decent wakeboarding boat, but want something that is going to last and have a decent resale value. And I have to be careful of the chop that exists out in the channel on some days. Right now Im deployed so I dont have to make a decision Immediately, but I would like some feedback on those choices. I dont have a huge sum of money to put towards a boat, will probably go used on a wakeboard boat if thats the direction I choose, if I go with the Yamaha, Ill try to go new though. Id rather get something not terribly old though. Have had all the time getting towed behind someone Elses boat that I could possibly desire (though I know its inevitable with boats no matter what...) Anyway, any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old     (shocker)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-09-2006, 3:55 AM Reply   
were u live in florida im in sarasota and my friend had an ar 210 it wasnt to badd for bording it just has to have a lot of weight in it , oh yeA THE BEST part is that they do like 60
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-09-2006, 4:22 AM Reply   
I have ridden behind an older jet boat, one of the Sea Doo's and the wake was mush. I would probably go with an I/O first or I would take the Yamaha out and board behind it to see what you are getting.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-09-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
Don't get the jet ski. The wakes suck. Salt water is hard on any boat. Get one with a closed system and make sure you wash it out after every use.
Old    nonsequiteur            02-09-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
I live up in Ft Walton Bch.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-09-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
no need for the flush if you have the fresh water cooling system. i have a friend with the 23ft moomba and it has a fresh water cooling system it is awsome set-up.