Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-21-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
I posted this on WB also. . .
I am making a new board right now and am struggling with a name for it. Usually I come up with a name that has some sort of meaning. Then from there I will develop a paint scheme. If you check out my profile you can see the last board I made. My latest creation is based off of the Liquid Force Balance. We made several prototypes testing out a bunch of different things and have come up with a design that will have more pop, a little easier to do surface tricks, and is a little more stable on landings than the Balance. The only thing is I have been racking my brain for quite a while for a name, but to little avail. Any ideas?
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
How bout the "rick-rack". It's an inside joke with my friends. Thats what this really really old man (like 85) calls the "*****". We just thought this was funny!
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-21-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
what are those board made of?? what are the steps you've gone trough to have this results... can't wait to see a pic of your new one...
sorry but I can't think of any decent name at this time...
Old     (flaco)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-21-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
slick stik
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-21-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
hmmm.....how about the "G Ride."

What are the bumps on the bottom for? Are they like the old school "phasers" that hyperlite was doing, or is that just in the graphic?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-23-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
call it the "predicate".

You know Shane's board is called the Subjekt, which is one part of sentence, but the sentence isn't anything without the other half...the "predicate".
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-23-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
The "preacher" or the "Deacon", delivering the Message, how about that? call it the "message".
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-23-2004, 9:22 PM Reply   
Thane this is the 21st century, call it the "e-mail", maybe not, how about the Memo?

Following the message line of thinking, I like the "directive"

Got any pictures of this board?

(Message edited by kristian on May 23, 2004)
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-25-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
Thane Dogg,
That is a awesome idea too bad I hadn't based my design off of the Subjekt, that would have been perfect. One guy on WB came up with "Ethereal" I like the sound of that, it has killer meaning. My sister came up with this:

Crucible(n.) 1. A vessel made of a refractory substance such as graphite or porcelain, used for melting and calcining materials at high temperatures.
2. A severe test, as of patience or belief; a trial. See Synonyms at trial.
3. A place, time, or situation characterized by the confluence of powerful intellectual, social, economic, or political forces.
4. The pinnacle of wakeboards.
Synonyms: adversity, affliction, albatross, anguish, annoyance, bane, bitch, blow, burden, calvary, curse, complication, difficulty, heartbreak, inconvenience, irritation, load, misery, misfortune, nightmare, nuisance, ordeal, pain, pest, plague, rigor, severe test, suffering, thorn, tribulation, vexation, vicissitude, visitation, woe, wretchedness
Antonym: Balance

I like how this sounds also. I still have about 2 weeks before I am ready to paint so still some time to brew on it.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-25-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
Out of Balance

Off Balance

Lost Balance
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-25-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
Since its based of the Balance how about the "Equilibrium" ?