Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (swatkinz)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-14-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
Trying to get better riding toeside. When I hit the wake toeside, if I get any air, the board and my body has a tendency to rotate. That is, I tend to land in a side slide position and usually face plant shortly thereafter. I'm trying to take more sets toeside and it is helping, but are there any tips to prevent the above referened problem?
Old    alanp            09-14-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
a quick fix is to take ur rear hand off the handle till u get more comfortable landing twisted
Old    alanp            09-14-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
clarification- take your rear hand off the handle at the apex of the jump. and it will generally instantly fix your problem
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-14-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
An image that seems to help everyone i have shared it with is "TUG 'O' WAR"

pretend like you are playing tug of war with the boat. heelside cuts are the "traditional tug of war possition--> pulling backwards, using body weight over the heels but applying pressure toward the opponents to push yourself backward. NOW pretend you are going to instead put weight over your toes, applying pressure toward the opponent = the boat (the boat is really not you opponent though, its just for image sake) as if you wanted to point your chest away from the boat.

All and all, toeside or heelside, it is not so much as putting weight over the toes or heels, but it is also the direction that the pressure is applied. in both cases, the pressure is always toward the boat, especially the back foot.

maintain your edge all the way up the wake, this will help to continue to maintain it through the air and back on the water on landing.

Handle placement is key too. keep the handle close to your lead hip. if the handle drifts toward your back hip (or even between your hips, in front of the naval) then this will pull you into a 180 or a partial 180