Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-18-2004, 5:38 PM Reply   
man that was cold. glass everywhere but damn cold.

temp

why

bjgrab

feet

shower

At least I got to try out my new tow vehicle.

beast
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-18-2004, 6:33 PM Reply   
Where were you riding? We (I ride with Brian Straind AKA Squid, I think he has told me he has ridden with you a time or two) were out in a white and grey SAN on Vics and Old River and I didn't see that beautiful boat out there. Great tow vehicle BTW!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-18-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
Man, I really feel sorry for you Californians, 48F, man that's cold!

Good pics though, I really need to find some time to get on the water.

(Message edited by kstateskier on January 18, 2004)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2004, 6:54 PM Reply   
got you beat, it was 42 degrees in the water in seattle saturday. hey wanna keep those feet warm and dry? i wear socks and then put black plastic bags over them. then i put on my drysuit over the bags. i can slide right into my byerly bindings with lube. also wear thick rubber dish washing gloves. finally top it off with a brain bucket that covers your ears. i know it sounds ghetto as hell but i rode for a half hour and spent a lot of time in the drink. when i got back in the boat i was almost completely dry and not cold at all. this is what three seasons of winter riding in washington has taught me. hope it helps.

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-18-2004, 7:20 PM Reply   
joe was showing me those pictures earlier mike... good stuff. i'm definitely going to try those bags!

Chad - we were further north by B&W...
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-18-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Wes for taking us out today. Winter definetely has its advantages. Only two boats passed us all day, and the water was glass. The debris field got worse as the afternoon went on to the point I was not willing to take a second set.

Chad we were on the North Mokelumne River, in the North Delta. Brian? why would you want to hang out with him? Brian is a super cool guy, and can stay on top of a wakeboard...well kinda.

Mike, you definetely have us beat...we wouldn't stay in Washington that long. It also appears to be sunny in your picture which is weird as we did not see the sun in California

I have a nice 4/3 wetsuit that keeps me toasty, and the only part of me that got cold was my feet and they were not that bad. I feel way more than usual today with my first and only ride of the year. Riding with a helmet does help a lot, but I use one mostly for ear protection after blowing my eardrums multiple times.
Family fishing by the fire
Wes HS grab
Wes TS grab
BJ
BJ HS grab
Susie Surfing
BIG Log
Sunset
Old    tillner            01-18-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
I'm happy to report that after a few cocktails, I regained full feeling in my feet, and after a few more, I've lost it again.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
Chad - We saw you guys out there at Victoria's...we were in Rob's green Sanger. It was pretty darn chilly out there today!

Wes - Glad to hear you guys are still getting out.

Rob - Thanks for taking us out today!!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-18-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
Wes, your tow vehicle picture has me grinning from ear to ear! Congrats on the new car!

Peter, cool shots. You guys are tough. I was up at DiscoBay today and I was far from thinking about being in the water.

Thanks for sharing.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-19-2004, 5:14 AM Reply   
Wes:
Your new rig has me thinking about Newton's Law . . . .

Christie:
You guys were at UP too right? That sounded good to me!
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-19-2004, 5:42 AM Reply   
Rich-
Well why didn't you just say something Rich? I was kinda of wondering if you guys had, had lunch or not and then on the way home I felt bad cause I didn't even ask. Next time just let us know if you want to stop at UP.

Christie-
Yeah I seen you standing on the back of the Sanger, Nice boat! The debris got too bad on Vics so we went back up the river towards the afternoon. And yes it was a bit cold, but still managable.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-19-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
I was just joking Chad!

Marshall = no beer left

UP = warm + beer

But don't ever feel bad, if I want something I will whine for it!
Old    jetgofish            01-19-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
We were out Saturday in Sean's boat, ended up nailing a log in Victoria's and had to limp home. Switched over to Rod's boat having a few problems there! Sean went out for his second set and next thing we know he's face planted and comes up claiming he hit something....there was a huge Delta Aligator poking around....pretty odd if you ask me....Sunday Sean dropped his keys in the drink...and well we had to stow around town looking for a magnet!

Saturday was pretty chilly too...tides seem to be on the plus side lately...keep an eye out for debris, the worst is the sumberged ones..

Wes...nice tow package you have there and great pics...

Peter...nice pics as well specially like the sun pokin out!

Old    wakelvr            01-19-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
Teri, The gator was pretty freaky eh? I couldn't believe it when I saw it! We had a blast Saturday with all of you, can't wait until our next run with you guys! We are thinking of pulling the X2 out this weekend so let us know if you guys are interested!

Wes, NICE set up!!! Congrats!

The water at Disco was approx. 50-52 degrees! It's warming up!
Old    jetgofish            01-19-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Steph,

Saturday, myself + 2 have a pull set up with Scott, he's just got his boat out of the shop and wants to drop it in the water.

I'd be open for Sunday, but it would be me + 1 so if you are down for Sunday and things work out I'd be in!

Gator...freakin HUGE GATOR and I thought it was too cold for them!!! Damn how about that sock thing too ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-19-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
i feel sorry for those feet!
Old    dagger            01-19-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
We threw the 100 degree rule out the window on Saturday at the Delta...water was sweet though! I was praising the inventor of the drysuit!

Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-19-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Nice tow set up!!

It must have been the day for boat break downs. I was out with Levi and Byron on the Delta, and he had the starter relay go out. Sparked it to get back to dock. Ended up being a small part, at least... Good day for runs though. Byron kicked butt!! Saw some seals again too!!

I could do without the feet discoloration, though... OW!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-19-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
Teri how many people do we have for sat? The boat is sitting in the front of the house now ready to get back in action
Old    jetgofish            01-19-2004, 10:23 PM Reply   
Scott, we have 4 including you, I still haven't heard from Byron. Eddie has flown south for the weekend! Should B make it that's 5. Still 8 am at the Marina?
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-20-2004, 2:28 AM Reply   
what ever time you want I just want to get wet it has been to long. Have you heard from aline?

scott
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
Hey Guy's,

Just thought I'd add a couple of pics to Mike's comments. His pic didn't do justice to the water conditions.

boat
Yours truly with a nice grabbed 180.

boat
A beautiful butter shot.

boat
Another butter shot.

boat
Brrr
Old    jetgofish            01-20-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
Cliff is that Samamish?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
Teri,

That's Sammamish. It was awesome, the water was perfect all day.
Old    jetgofish            01-20-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
Cliff,

I almost rented one of the apartments that are on the lake! Then I was looking at possibly a house. But that was all pre-wakeboarding and I had the itch to ride....I thought to myself perfect place to play!!! I got tired of the gloomy weather, rain and the spin out on I-5 between big rigs in the snow with a head on collision made me RUN not walk back to Cali!

I have to say it's a beatufil state though!
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-20-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
Cliff- Amazing shots... Looks like you were sailing thru the sky. Beautiful. And the one off the bow of the boat... Where does the water end and the sky begin??

Scott S- Hey there. Nice to meet ya... I am part of Teri's "crew" that will be accompanying you this weekend, if that's alright? Heard nothing but props about your boat!
Old    wakesettermom            01-20-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
how big of a gator are we talking about and where was it?
Old    jetgofish            01-20-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
Aunmari...it was about oh 7 feet long and it was just off the bank, bout oh 10 - 15 feet, must weighed a good hundred pounds or so...it's location was on Old River just south of the Los Vasqueros pumping station. Mighty fine gator if I don't say!

(Message edited by jetgofish on January 20, 2004)
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       01-20-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
Are there really alligators in California?
Old    jetgofish            01-20-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
We saw one! Knocked a rider down!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-20-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
Sean,

There's a picture of a delta gator above....in the trough of the wake.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-20-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
Jetgo- I saw that gator!!! It came thru our way and got this poor helpless seal... If you look really close you can see the end of his tail splash infront of the seal. He was too quick to get a full body shot... then he came charging our boat. It was so scary. Funny thing though... I saw a WakeWorld.com sticker on his tail.
seal vs gator
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-20-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Uh, I think I saw that gator in its infancy stage when I was a Delta rookie in '98. That thing grew!
Old    tammy            01-20-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
hahahahaha, Joe's back. life is great!
Old     (airbesar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
What Tammy said
Old    wakelvr            01-20-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
Oh my gosh, he is back! Sweet!!!
Old     (lehmur)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-20-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
Is Joe's time-out over?
Old    eyesman            01-20-2004, 8:03 PM Reply   
Cliff,
How many sunny days a year does WA have? It's looking better and better each day, seeings how houses start at 1M here.

That gator is sittin there like a lump on a LOG.

Yeah, joes back from that extreme makeover show - view profile - PERVERT!
Old    jetgofish            01-20-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
Joe - Welcome back

Ice - come on be nice...you know gators don't sit on LOGS!
Old    flatty            01-21-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
Teri, What is going on this Sunday? Is anyone riding? If so, I may be down for a set. Giove em a shout.

Dima
Old    jetgofish            01-21-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
D - Not sure if we are riding on Sunday...I'll have to keep you posted...oh and by the way....your drysuit works great.....TA HE HE HE..No just kidding....
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2004, 5:39 PM Reply   
oh man...they let joe back in! there goes the neighborhood.. cliff, those are some badass pics you took. nicest butter shot of sammamish i have seen. thanks for the pull, i had a ton o fun
Old    motoxxx02            01-21-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
whats so sspecial about joe ??
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
Who wants to make bets on how long Joe lasts before he gets another "time-out"?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2004, 6:45 PM Reply   
Cody,

He has the dreamiest eyes you've ever seen.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
Fisher, throw your VLX in, and I'll take that bet.

Cliff, awwww...
Old     (ritchieps190)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-21-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
I haven't ridden in a bit, but I flew over the delta today... Did someone build a levee out onto ski-beach?
Old    jetgofish            01-22-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
Matt, No levee built up onto ski beach or out to ski beach...sure you were looking at the right area? Sometimes the farmers build damns to flood the fields, but really this doesn't happen until the fall! Maybe you saw one that was still up, not sure, but we just swung by ski beach on Saturday and saw nothing of such sort!
Old     (ritchieps190)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
hrmm... well I think it was high tide, and I was going about 115 mph. at 1500 ft. so I could have missed it, but I am sure I was in the right location... at the end of twin sloughs?? Oh well...
Old    jetgofish            01-22-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Things look totally different from the air my friend! I'll be out this weekend so maybe I'll take another peek!
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-22-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
Question - All the debri that's in the the Delta now...is this a normal seasonal thing and if so, when does it usually slow down?

Also, is it from the water level getting hirer and grabbing stuff from the banks or is it from more water coming down from above and bringing stuff w/ it? Just curious........
Old    jetgofish            01-22-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
Levi,

The higher or plus tides that we are experiencing this time of year is normal. There are two reasons why and the main one is due to all the stream run off from higher elevatons. The second has to do with the moon phase and pull. Tides are bases on the moon phase and ... and it get's pretty technical, but yeah it's a seasonal thing. To answer your second question does it slow down, the amount of debris in the water! Yes, give it about mid Feb or March things will slow down and we won't be having these plus tides.

Best thing to do when encountering a log or large debris and something that we have done in the past is to drag it over to the bank or tules! This will prevent others from hitting it again!

Your third question, yes the water level has been higher than normal so it's pulling debris off the bank and/or pushing debris down streams or rivers. This is not snow run of that we are experiencing but natural stream and small river run off from higher elevations! Pretty typical for this time of year!

Just be glad we haven't had any floods, then you would be dodging much worse things than logs!

T

(Message edited by jetgofish on January 22, 2004)
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-22-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Thanks Teri. Yur so smart!
Old    jetgofish            01-22-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
That would be 29 years of growing up and living on the Delta...plus having a bassfishing family and an x who was on the water almost 360 days per year!

Guess it's all rubbed off! But then again I am pretty knowledgable of the waterway which I live on!!

(Message edited by jetgofish on January 22, 2004)
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
Not to hijack this post, but Wes how did you get the temp on your perfect pass. I have the same one on my 02' SAN and I have never seen the temp on it.
Old     (ritchieps190)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
Teri,

Please report back on your findings from this weekend. Like I said, the tide did seem unusually high, but things aren't that different from the air at a low altitude like that... I am pretty sure I was in the right spot cause the old ferry crossing/pilings were just around the corner and kinda navigated my way there from Union Point. I've never noticed levee rocks behind the beach either and from the air it seemed like they were definetly doing tractor work in the area... Who knows.. either way not that big of a deal, but I will be interested to hear your report after this weekend....
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2004, 10:44 PM Reply   
Paul - push the menu button and the up arrow button at the same time... that should do it.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2004, 11:48 PM Reply   
Thanks Wes. That worked like a charm.