Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-09-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
I was driving down 101 with my wife and there was a CHP who had someone pulled over in the emergency lane I didn't even know it was a CHP because they didn't have the red and blue's on. I was in the slow lane. As I passed the cop car she said she had heard there is a new law that went into effect Jan 1 2010 and it was somthing along the line's of when you see a cop pulled over on the side of the road you are supposed to pull over 1 lane or slow down by 20 mph????. Well she sent me the Snope's on it to day
http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/moveover.asp
In some cases I can see this as just another reason to pull you over and suck money out of you. And in other case's I can see this causing accidents people slamming on the brakes and changing lanes at the last min to avoid a ticket. How many times have you been trucking along at 65 Mph on the freeway and the IDIOT in front of you see's a cops pulled over on the side of the road giving a ticket and he slams on his brakes Thinking the cop giving a ticket on the side of the road is some super cop, How's this cop gonna get his speed in the 3rd lane over in busy traffic while doing a traffic stop and all of a sudden jump in his car and track him down ect Some people are so stupid they shouldn't be behind the wheel. Knowing how stupid people are, I think it's B.S. If you can't pull someone over in a safe place then instruct them off the freeway to a safe place that's the cops job. The freeway is a place to drive 65 MPH NOT 45MPH. Im all for cops being safe and everyone going home at the end of the night. I have seen some cop's pull people over in the most dangerous/stupid places "FOR NO REASON" Some people are so stupid as soon as the light's come on the just stop. IMO the cop's should get on the loud speaker and instruct them to pull over somewhere safe (LIKE OUT of traffic). In some situations you have no choice a car stall's in a tight place and you can't help it Yea in this case I say they use the light's to instruct on comming traffic to move over. Some cop car's have amber light's on the roof that sequence to the left or the right Cal trans has them on their car's. When the cops are in a tight spot sure use these lights urge people to move over for safety.
What I see is a situation where the cop's have someone pulled over and its not safe or there is no room to merge and you go by them and Boom your busted.