Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    proboarder77            07-14-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
has anyone used a svfara before? could yuou tell me what the wake is like compared to an X-9?
Old    svfara            07-15-2004, 6:04 AM Reply   
I have a Svfara SV609 (smaller model)
I am very happy with the wake and really like the crossover performace for slalom as well.
I can't compare the wake to an X-9 because I've never been in one, but I like it better than the X-7. I can get a steeper wake.

With standard ballast I would call the wake intermediate, but when I really want to go at it, I put a fat seat in the back and it really jacks up the wake. I'll try to get some pictures of the wake next time out if I can remember the camera.

I have not tried the new SV696 which was designed for wakeboarding, but I hear it's a sweet ride!
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-15-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
I also have a Svfara, but I have a different opinion than Eric apparently The Svfara wake (with no ballast) is very rampy, while the X7 (the other boat I board behind) has more of a curl to it. I generally like the X7 wake better, but funny enough: last night I went out on the Svfara and had 2 200lb guys sitting in the back. The wake curled a bit and became steeper, bucking me up way high. I've had the boat for 3 years now and that's the first time I saw the wake like that!!

If you want, I can give you more pros/cons between the Svfara SV609 and the MC X-7. The Svfara is the weekday boat, the X7 is the weekender ;-)

Trash
Old    svfara            07-15-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Trash,

I always ride with atleast the standard ballast system (~500 lbs) so that may be the difference.

Have you tried putting more weight in the back? The Fat seat is a wonderful thing! Now I just need to find a way to integrate it into the ballast system (kinda takes a while to fill now with only 1 750gph pump)

I'd love to hear form anybody that had ridden the SV696!
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-15-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
Eric,
I have a fat seat, but haven't used it very much as it's a pain to fill/empty. I'll probably start using it again and playing around with it. I've never filled it right up because I hate putting extra strain on the boat. I think I would much rather have some smaller sacs that I can move around (say 200-300 lb sacs).

Trash
Old    svfara            07-15-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's always a trade off... But it's so damned fun with the sacs full! (that being said, I have only completely filled it a couple times)
The boat does pretty well with the fat seat and front ballast tank filled. But if I fill the rear ballast as well it starts to strain some.
I put a 500lbs sack in the bow once with all the ballast and fat seat filled, wake was amazing!! and the boat planed a lot faster, but you had to be very careful not to dunk the bow with rollers.