Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    mtb1981            08-26-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
has anyone had any experience with Titan towers? I think they are my #1 choice for my boat, but nobody around me can get them or has any first hand knowledge about them. ANy help would be great. Thanks.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-26-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
Mark, for what its worth I love mine. Extremely sturdy and functional. I can collapse it by myself to fit into a garage in less than 30 secs.

For what its worth though, there seems to be a lot of people that don't like the look of them. I personally do like it, but only if it has a lot of accessories like speakers, racks, bimini, etc. to dress it up.
Old    swass            08-26-2003, 4:10 PM Reply   
What he said, but I like the look...even naked.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-26-2003, 4:17 PM Reply   
The look of the Titan tower never grew on me. I've been in a lot of 03 tournament boats and have heard a lot of rattling and squeaking from almost every tower except the Titan. Hands down the most sturdy and motionless tower I've seen.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-27-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
The Titan is a well made tower and with the front legs coming together at the center of the top section it provides very good lateral stiffness. This is done at the cost of it looking "different" from most other towers which nearly all look the same from a distance, although there are great differences in the details of every tower.

The Titan is kind of like Redheads, some guys are not cranked about the looks but others are crazy for it. They certainly have a following of people that have owned them and are true believers.

If that's the tower for you hook up with Mike at Wakeside for a good deal and support.

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-27-2003, 10:35 PM Reply   
The monster tower is a variation between the traditional tower and the titan tower. The Monster tower has more structure and both towers appear to fold/connect in similar ways.

I really like the NEW Titan tower look.

I also really like the Monster tower look and price.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-28-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
Anyone know of anyone fitting a 94 CC Sport with a Ttian? Any boat problems after the install, cracking gel coat? Sick of the pole and don't have the cash for a new boat yet. Just wonderin'.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-29-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
I don't think that you'll have cracking of gel coat with either the Titan or Monster towers, as they both use the same pinned joints, which won't put a bending moment on the fiberglass like all the other ones that are bolted through the fiberglass (fixed joints).

I have seen pictures of one or two older CCs with Titan towers. They look all right. Definitely different because I've seen Titans mostly on Malibus, but they're still nice on CC. My dream boat is either a Malibu VLX or CC SAN with either a Titan or Monster tower. They're the best towers to minimize chance of stress cracks for years to come.