Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-20-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
anyone know if there are any rails at berryessa? i want to try and hit a rail. but ive never seen anything there.

thanks guys
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-20-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
there arent any rails at berryessa. you will have to build one. you should be fine this time of year because the sheriffs dont come by often. my friends and i have put a couple in there for a couple hours at a time.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-20-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
darn it. my dads not big on hauling the stuff up there to make one. so i was hoping one might already be there. thanks mitch
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-20-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
Top secret... if I told you where, I'd have to kill ya...
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-20-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
Well, I have seen videos of a massive A-frame at berryessa, I know exactly where it was set up, but its definitely no longer there...I wish I could have seen how slick the builders were to pull something off that big without getting caught
Old     (ajcsurf)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-20-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
yeah that rail was my first rail...it was super fun....so were the other 4 ones that were up in the same spot. That was the summer of 2006 and then that winter we did it in the hail. I'm super bummed that place is a ghost town now.

Me
Upload

Haddox
Upload

photo cred to Kim or Troy
Old     (ajcsurf)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-20-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
Just to clarify, I only helped build the second sessions rails...TNK of the NLB did the first :-)
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-20-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
that tight you guys. i just didnt know if there where any i could hit that where already built.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-20-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
those rails are now located up at the private wakeboard lake in red bluff villa lagos and the builder is damn good at building rails but he doesnt live up in the napa area anymore seeing how he moved to the delta
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-20-2008, 10:53 PM Reply   
kyle- he will be living back in the napa area in the next month so if you want to build rails with him i would get ahold of him. i believe he is moving in with tim
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-21-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
I thought Haddox was moving in with Al. We are talking about haddox right?

I have a spot that needs a rail so we can winch it and shoot some photos this winter. Epic sunsets in the background. Mag quality for sure!
Old     (ajcsurf)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-21-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Last time I talked to him, the moving in thing will AL fell through and hes going back to Napa to do flooring (carpet I think). That was last Saturday.

The rails at villa lagos were funded by the Ignolias and built by haddox and NLB over a year ago. Some pieces might be the same but its not the exact rails. New wood was bought for that.
The Aframe is a lot more mellower and the flat bar I think is a whole section (16') longer and about 2 feet taller than the rail in the second pic.

Regardless, Haddox is the man when it comes to "guerrilla" rail design and when he had the support of friends (Tim, AL, NLB, etc)and bosses, some cool down. With those rails and the spanky beavers (thanks to AL) those were probably the greatest summers I had.