Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
My factory "Humming Bird" Depth Gauge is acting up and I can't seem to get it to be Accurate. The same can be said for my Air Temp gauge,

The Depth Gauge is hooked into my Threw Hull Tranducer and My Water Temp gauge get's it's Info from The Perfict Pass/ Air temp come from a probe at the back of the gauge.

Right Now I have I sep Air and Water temp gauge and a Sep Depth Gauge, It looks like they NOW make a All in one unit like this

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1009&r=view

Just wondering how somthing like this would hook into my current threw hull tranducer or do I need a complete New Threw Hull tranducer
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-22-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
The water temp should come from the t-ducer also,it's just connected to the PP so it shows on the PP gauge.If you have an Airmar t-ducer there should be a label with all the info about it attached to the cable near the thru-hull.My boat did not have the depth gauge when I got the boat,I just got the faria gauge and hooked it up,works fine.The Faria gauge will also give you the air or water temp also,but hook the water temp up to PP or the depth gauge,it doesn't read correct if connected to both.My t-ducer is model DST 800.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-22-2011, 8:46 AM Reply   
My brother in law put the Faria unit on his Sanger three years ago and it's worked flawless. Faria makes many transducers including a few thru hull designs. Depending on what's in yours now you may or may not need a new one, call them and ask. When my factory depth gauge goes out i'm definately putting in one of those.