Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-08-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
I love this trick and want to learn it, any pointers on it, before I go out there and charge it. Also on my 3's I seem to come down on my butt I get the handel but come down low and suggestions on why.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
I'll keep my eye on this thread to see some tips. I too love this trick and wish I could pull it down, but I have other things I need to learn first! lol
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-10-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
First you need to learn 911's but to do an indy glide, you are going to want to edge in like you would for a hoochie except bend your knees even more, i like coming in really crouched. When you approach the wake and pop, you almost want to do a backwards scoop, pushing them down and out while at the same time pushing the rope down with your front hand not allowing it to get to tight, grab indy as soon as you can and just pull it down, it comes down fairly easily
Old    alanp            07-10-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
kyle is correct. this isnt a terribly difficult trick i learned it during one run. i do disagree with kyle in needing to know the 911. if you try to grab your 911 youll end up hurting bad. i can do 911s as well but the cuts are different very different.
the indy i learned them just like kyle suggested, i came in with my hoochie cut but a little harder than a hoochie but really crouched. i grabbed indy and slowly started to let the board drift behind me. before long youll get it behind you. i do feel you need to learn a hoochie before you learn this. it is easier than the indy glide and will teach you the proper cut needed to do this trick. as adam fields says neither the hoochie glide nor 911 are difficult. if you have a solid raley all it takes is a little balls and you can get those 2 tricks as well. let us know on your progress.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-10-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
i think learning a nuclear glide should actually be learned before an indy glide. the nuclear glide is easier than the indy because you arent go back as much and learn to stay level in the right position. he 911 is important only to learn the correct take off off the wake. I learned the take off on a kicker at rixen, and did the nuc and indy glide 1st try off the wake. i dont do 911 or raleys anymore because it just doesnt feel nearly as cool and controlled as grabbing the hell out of it, good luck
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-10-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
BTW i prefer doing regular hoochie glides, i think they feel the coolest