Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-08-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
Last night as I was removing my Ronix stickers and other paraphernalia from my car other various places and replacing them with Liquid Force stuff, and I got a little nostalgic. I started riding Ronix 2 years ago and have really enjoyed their products, but a recent stroke of good luck landed me a little sponsorship deal for free boards and boots with a local marina and in turn, Liquid Force. The marina is great, and really wants to push the sport in the right direction, and I know LF is good stuff and I'm super stoked on the switch and pumped about shredding and pushing some of their gear... but I can't help but feel a little remorse for leaving a company/product that I never really had problems with.

Anyway... wanted to share my stoke on picking up a sponsor, and see if anybody else had a similar feeling when switching companies?

P.S. Go buy Liquid Force stuff
Old     (tvreeland)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
I did the same thing as you, but I went from Liquid Force to Ronix. I didn't take off any of my old stickers, I just put new ones on too.

I am glad you feel bad for going away from company that treated you so well. Some people here will put the cheapest tower on a nice boat just because they get paid.
Old    wakejjboard12            10-08-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Congrats Luker! What setup you switching to?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-08-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Looks like 09 S4 and Vantages until the 2010 stuff ships out... then prolly the same setup if I like it... 2010 S4 and closed toe Vantages. We shall see!! I'm stoked for sure.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-08-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Nice Man, that First Free Set-up is amazing, one of my favorite memories for sure!! Congrats Bro!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-08-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
I like when my house looks like christmas in march!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-08-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
I'm still waiting for my 1st sponsor so I don't know how good freebies feel.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-08-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
"Nice Man, that First Free Set-up is amazing, one of my favorite memories for sure!! Congrats Bro!"

So true, So true. Congrats man
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-08-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
LOL Eubanks, I'm with you on that bro!