Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    tyerone44            06-26-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
I have only ridden one board ever. CWB sol. the first time i rode it I had no fins on it because I took them out to the water with me to put them on and obviously it didn't work. i have yet to put them on it feels really comfortable with them off. do i need to put them on. or can I just freeride it? amy help- would help
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-26-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
Tye,
If it feels right then you are probably good to go. If it feels like it washes out on you or slides out from under you then you might want to think about putting fins on it. Fins will do a couple things they will make it faster and quicker to respond. They will make it more stable, but more difficult to do surface tricks. I will often change my fins around for different tpyes of rides.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old    shaggydan22            06-26-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
Most boards I've ridden, I have taken the fins off. Without fins a board is slower to respond, but personally I think most boards are faster without fins. Less drag.
Old    corey_marotta            06-26-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
Forget the fins. You ride more rail to rail with out them. In turn you will start to ride more efficient. Learn to drive your front foot more, it will help.