Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                05-31-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
Hi folks !
I try to learn a raley on the cable. 1. I do a progressive cut, 2. I pull the handle down to my hip, but I don't know how I have to release the tension?! I have read that I have to get the board behind me, but I don’t know how? Any tips?

regards, danny
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-31-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
Ok, first off learn a raley start off the dock. All you do is (with your board off) hold on to the handle, as it clicks around lean back as hard as possible, getting as much tension as possible, your ass will almost be touching the floor, hold on untill you cant hold it anymore, then spring into a raley. Do that a few time just to get the feel for it.
Then get on a wakskate, as you come around the corner, do a cut to get the exact same feel (usually trying it atthe starting dock corner will help from a mental point of view to get the timeing down.) then just do the same leaving your skat behind.
Once you get comfortable and are getting good height, extension, getting your feet back under you and just feeling confident with it. Then you try it on a wakeboard. and do exactly the same. But it does take a few times to get the timing around the cable and when to cut, and the edge. You'll have to edge pretty hard.
Hope this helps
Kris
Old     (shadowclaw)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-06-2003, 5:41 AM Reply   
try not to hold the handle at your hip but keep your arms at chest height and almost stretched when edging,
otherwise all built up energy gets lost.

This raley is done on a kitesurfboard with footstraps instead of bindings ;)

cable raley

(Message edited by shadowclaw on June 06, 2003)