Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    wakelvr            04-24-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
Okay, rub it in... how was WSSR this year at Don Pedro? Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures. I hope it was a blast and look forward to going next year!

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-24-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
yeah...umm...it didnt rain

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/224924.html?1114395738
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
ok im taking bets now... how many threads are we gonna start about this thing
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-24-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
umm yeahhh, can we get a mod to consolidate the threads.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2005, 10:35 PM Reply   
Chad hows the boy? feeling better hopefully.... I am going to check on Bullards tom. JEFF
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-25-2005, 6:42 AM Reply   
THANK YOU CIE!!!

WSSR was a HIT, thank you Billy, Evan, J-Rod for putting on a KICK A$$ event. You guys did a great job with a huge product raffle form the sponsors. Also thanks to all the other fellow die-hards who came out to the event dispite the weather forecast as we didn't get hit with a drop of rain!!!

Thanks again _ looking forward to the next one....

-=peace=-
Lzy
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-25-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
Great to see everyone. Thank you for your hosipitality and good times. We had an unfourtnate situation at the photo shoot Firday night as my cameras were completly drowned. I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning them and trying to figure out how to get Canon to get them repaired and back to me later this week. I look forward to seeing you all at the next event. Great to meet some people I have only emailed with in the past. Great work guys!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-25-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
JB,

Hope the cameras are OK, good to see ya again N thnx for making it out!

I almost forget the highlight of the trip! Did anyone else catch the Malibu Riders / Photo Shoot? Although we missed part of the exhibition ride we were tied up in another cove when this ripper showed up, sticking invert after invert - flawless

TS backroll, Raley, Hoochie, trick after trick after trick w/o so much as a butt check. To our suprise it was none other than the #1 womens rider DALLAS FRIDAY... She was killing it, amazing to watch ride in a non contest format where she just did her thing and did it well!!!! There was also another couple riders with them tearing it up in what appeared to be a Malibu based photo shoot but I wasn't able to recognize them...

Trace, Rob & some others were also lucky enough to scope it out with us in that cove. What a finally to a killer weekend - all smiles here!!!

Old    chavezychavez            04-25-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
Huge kudos to CIE for making this event work. Can't say enough about how smooth everything went and the complete lack of drama (except for Brody haha).

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come....

Aaron - apparently Shapiro and others were on site for this catalog shoot as well.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       04-25-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Chavez, i was there watching them too but i didnt see shapiro.. The only face i recognized at the time was dallas, I recognized another guy but i cant think of his name. Eather way they all killed it.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
Thanks CIE...
We had a great time, hope to see all @ many more events.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-25-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
It was a great weekend... Thanks to the wakeboarding Gods for keeping the rain away! Unfortunately, we missed the exhibition .

Oh and Brody, you can sleep under/on our picnic table anytime!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-25-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
the entire Malibu team was there all crashing in a houseboat. they were there for their 06 catalog/photo shoot.

and yes, they picked the WRONG weekend.
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-25-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
We were lucky enough to catch one of their sessions back in the slalom course and he just absolutely killed it.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2005, 3:32 PM Reply   
the WSSR was awesome.
broady made the entire weekend a blast.
the CIE crew- thanks for putting it on .
buffallow was killer " keep it moving people" and " six min left on this"

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan!

"broady made the entire weekend a blast. "

I know a few that would disagree with you.

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-25-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
I'm glad you guys had a great time. I was soooo close to just saying f-in and going .

J-rod ~ next time don't let me say no!!!
Old    wayknbayk            04-26-2005, 1:22 AM Reply   
j-rod...i agree...after rolling that damn keg up the hill on the skateboard...broady decided to throw it back down. wouldnt mind, but foamy beer does me no good.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-26-2005, 5:42 AM Reply   
Jeff,

Yeah the boy is fine, in fact my wife and I launced after packing everthing up and waited around the dock untill about 12 or so. I was going to give who ever wanted a ride a pull. I was trying my hardest to honor my word to the canuck....

Chad
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-26-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
We must not have seen you we got back to the dock about 12:45.He got 2 runs in with us but Jen and Bryce needed food so we headed back to pack up. We were all pretty worn out.It was great to see you all again. Find anything out about memorial day? I am thinking about giving Bullards a call. Jeff