Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2005, 9:29 PM Reply   
I just replace the two rear hard tanks in my 02 X-Star with two 540 lbs sacs, and would like to add some weight to the front of my boat. What is the best and easiest way to do this?

I would rather not use lead because I have to trailer my boat whenever I go to the lake. Does anyone have any recommendations of sacs that fit well in the floor up front or under the front cushions?

Finally, is it easy to hook extra tanks to the ballast system or should I just buy and extra pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter?
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       07-15-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Matt, I got the #250 side sacks from letsgoride.com (Im not sure if they are in buisness anymore) but they fit perfectly under the front seats, only thing is that they push up the cup holders in the open bow. I also then fill up a single #350 in the walk through. I have also thought about adding an extra pump to a switch but have just been to lazy, and with just one of the 1100gph pumps it only takes 10min's or so to fill.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-15-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
the more weight you get up there the happier you'll be.In addition to the fat sac you put under the bow sits,you might want to concider putting 100lbs or 200lbs in just led weight.It wouldn't be to much on the trailering and it would make a big differents in the water.just a thought.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-15-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
don't give letsgoride your business. I had a terrible experiece with them. 9 out of 10 businesses fail in first 2 yrs. they didn't have a chance from the start. I put 2 550 lbs in rear and one 550 in center walk thru. I agree few hundy in lead you would be all good...
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
You are just going to have to put sacs on the floor to get the wake nice. Sometimes it takes a little sacrafice to get what you need. Just stick a 550 in the walk way with your factory ballast filled and it will be good with a few people in the boat.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info so far.

Letsgoride is no longer in business. Does anyone know a specific brand and size of sac that fits well underneath the front seats and one that fits well in between the front seats? Or else, where can I find some lead blocks that are easy to take in and out for a good deal?
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2005, 3:43 PM Reply   
just go get some sacs from clark he'll get you what you need.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-15-2005, 4:20 PM Reply   
That's what I planned on doing, but I didn't think it would hurt to get some advice. I just thought it might be nice if I found someone who had an X-Star and had found certain sacs that fit perfectly.

Dustin, have I met you before? Sorry if I have - I am not so good with names.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-15-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
The way clark used to set up kim's boat was 550 on each side of the motor and also a 550 i believe in the walkway with the middle KGB filled. That was one of the best wakes I have ever ridden.

Look at ole longball on here hanging out.
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
Yea Matt I'm pretty sure you went with us on Kim's boat that time, and the people in the Malibu got pissed at us.

Yea Chirs I get bored at work too.
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       07-16-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
We put a ballast system in a friends 2000 x star that had a bag in the ski locker from the factory, we left it. We put a 500lbs bag on each side of the engine and put two 200 lbs AirBoom Side Wakes Water Bags under each of the front seats and connected them into one line back to one of the pumps on a RCIII. The bags fit nice under the front seats. His wake is great.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-16-2005, 7:23 AM Reply   
Generally the reason I said a couple of hundred pounds is if you take out all the seats in the bow and imagine a PERFECT bag that fits in every little hole,how much weight do you think you can fit?
My guess 200lbs AT BEST which is not bad but 300lbs to 600lbs depending how much weighht you wanna put in it is ideal.

I think your best bet is get a bag in the walkway to the bow,a bag that states 400lbs to 600lbs which that weight is generally bow weight maybe alittle in the middle of the boat.then get few hundred in lead and you are all set.
Old     (cwb121)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-16-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
Put a pair of BI Pro X series side sacs under the bow seats. They fit really well and its about 500lbs up there.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
Do you know a good place to get those BI Prox X series side sacs?
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-18-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
I am also looking for some weight for the from of my X-star. Where can I get some lead weight? I have heard 400lb should do the trick up front.