Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-15-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
I have a 02 Air Nautique with a PCM GT-40 351. My boat has 502 hrs on it.
While underway at idle speed (2-4 mph) my boat just die's. It has never died when I am at speed or any other speed becides Idle.??????
Its like someone just flips a switch and it stop's. And when you try to re-start it the motor turns over and starts and then dies 1-2 seconds later Just like when you have the kill switch un-pluged. At first I thought my kill switch was bad so I cut the wires and soderd them together and the problem seemed to go away, (The kill switch wires are still soderd together and a solid connection) Its a intermitten problem, I cant predict when its going to do it. The only thing that seems to get it to re-started and sort of re-set is opening the engine cover for a sec and sort of airing it out then it will re-start and run for how ever long untill it decides to act up again. It might run all day long and never do it or it might do it another 2 times that day. Its never left me stranded but it is acting up more and more and I need to get it figured out. Any Ideas