Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    abadsvt            06-15-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
hello everyone! I am getting back into wakeboarding after taking a 4yr break. I used to ride the liquid force trip 143 before i stoped and loved it. Unfortunately that was the only board i tried and bought it so i don't have much experience on different boards. Anyways i went out last tuesday for my first time since i quite 4yrs ago. Everything came back to right away. My first run was like my last run. If that makes sence.

About me:
6'1" about 185lbs
Skill level would be intermediate but i learn quick.
I would like a board that has a lot of pop of the wake and flats so i can hopefully get some more airtime. I don't know alot about wakeboards so sorry i am not explaining more. I just want a board that i can grow into so i don't have to buy a new board every year.

Trick list:
HS Backrolls
HS Tantrums (just learned)
180's
Grabs
TS frontrolls (haven't got them back yet but i will)

Thanks Josh
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-15-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
I have rode the Trip a few times, and I also liked it (which is rare).

Check out the O'Brien lineup, Player 142 and Natural 143. 2 of the best wakeboards made. And the Argon bindings go right along with them, I absolutely love them.
Old    abadsvt            06-16-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
Those boards look sick! Is there a big difference between the Player and the Natural? Over the years i hade 2 pairs of bindings. One set was the old 360's and the other was a liquid force binding. Don't remeber what model. Both bindings made my feet cramp when i got done riding. Is that normal? That is the only thing i am scared of buying new bindings without trying them on. I would like to ride for a long run without my feet cramping.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-16-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
Check out the CWB Factor 144cm with the Torq hinge tech bingings. Talkin about cumfy binding that you can ride without your feet crampin. The Factor is a great board, and you cant beat the price for the setup.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
The LF Watson, Substance, or PS3 are all SICK boards IMO. As far as bindings go I like LF Watsons, CWB Zeus, and LF Transits the best.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-16-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
How would you compare the Transits against the Zeus bindings? Any complaints about transits? Also, I have the substance and it is a great board to ride but thinking of updgrading bindings from Ultras to Transits for better support and cushion.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-16-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Josh, the Player and Natural are very similar. The Natural has slightly less rocker than the Player, but it has a faster bottom due to the chevrons on the tail and nose. The molded fins don't transfer as long on the Natural as the Player, it is more forgiving and has less drag. The Natural also has a double-v bottom, which makes for softer landings, breaking the water. The Player is a kick ASS board, I have rode it since it came out 3 years ago, and just this year upgraded to the Natural and loved it even more. Just when I thought the Player was the best board made, O'Brien stepped it up even higher and amazed me again.

The Argons are sick, and so are the Xenons. They both have room for very wide feet, and they aren't pinching on the toes, like I heard some CWBs are (could be wrong though, never tried a pair on). Cramping of the feet is definately not normal. The O'Brien bindings have tons of room, but they are still the tightest and have the most support of any binding I have ever rode. They have HUGE and very comfortable footbeds, and make for landings that don't kill your achilles, like some other bindings I have tried. If you go with the O'Brien lineup, you wont regret it. O'Brien was also the first to use shoe material in their bindings.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-16-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
Try the Hyperlite 3DS 143. It is a great board...consistent, great pop, and very soft landings. Try putting some smaller A-wing and P-wings on there to loosen up the ride.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-16-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
Got to stick with the CWB line up. In my opinion best boards on the market. Pick your poison, the transcend Plat or the absolute plat. Bindings i like liquid force watsons but the new zues are also nice. If you can, test!!!!!!
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-16-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
CWB Absolute with the Hinge techs....wait for the FACTION OR GO WITH THE ZEUS.

This package is a blast, its a fairly fast board, has great pop and can handle the landings well, combined with a good supporting binding and its a potent package
its def. responsible for my riding reaching a new level!!!
Old    abadsvt            06-16-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
Thanks for responding everyone!!!! I checked out the CWB Absolute 141. The one that is green and white is sick. I think it is down to the CWB Absolute 141 or the O'brien Player 143. I can't decide and i can't see either one of the boards in person. What one would you get? I am sure that there all simiular and to an intermediate rider they probably all ride close to the same. Thanks Josh
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-16-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
im sure most people on here would say the absolute, i havent heard anything negative about that board, its a good buy.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-17-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
I would go with the Absolute fo sho!!
The Green absolute is an 05 platnium edition, it is a sick sick board.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
I thought the 136 '05 Platinum was green, not the 141
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-17-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
My bad Jeff, the 05 green absolute is a 135 not a 141. The 141 is blue.
Old    abadsvt            06-18-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
So what is the difference of absolute and the absolute platinum? Also does anyone know the difference between 2006 and the 2005 models? One more question. What is the difference between the player and the absolute boards? I am one of those people who ask a million questions before i make up my mind. Sorry.

Josh
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-18-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
The Absolute Platnium is a pound lighter and has a different graphic and IMO has a little more snapp off the wake the the regular Absolute. Not a hudge difference between the 05 and 06 they did different top shaping on the 06 and of course a new graphic and a little change to the molded fins on the 06 as well
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-18-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
You can demo any board from Liquid Force, CWB, Hyperlite, or Krown at www.DeltaWakeboardShop.com.
Stop by. We are located on the Delta @ Kings Island Resort.
Old    abadsvt            06-19-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Is the platinum worth the extra money? A little more snap off the wake isn' a bad thing at all.

Tommyc: Where are you located? Is that near Sacromento?

Thanks Josh
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-19-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Since you're used to the Trip, might wanna give the Team a try. It's the same 6 fin setup, still a continuous rocker (except more of it). Great board.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-19-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, I'm the same weight/height as you and ride the 143..