Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    big_kahuna            05-09-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
I HAVE A '00 SPORTSTER W/WEDGE O.K. WAKE. HAS ANYONE PLAYED AROUND WITH BALLAST.SHOULD I BE BUYING TWIN'S OR A SINGLE? AND WHERE TO PUT IT. SHOULD THEY GO IN THE BOW OR STICK THE TWINS ON THE SIDE.OR SHOULD I PUT MORE WAIT IN THE BACK?
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-09-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
Rob,

Weight up front is the key, I'd start w/ 500 Lbs. With that and the wedge and a few people it'll through a nice wake.

Checkout with others that have sportsters http://www.malibuboatowners.com

(Message edited by malibudude on May 09, 2003)
Old    boardjockey            05-09-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
IMO- Start with less like 250 up front and get use to driving that way first. Otherwise you may take several unexpected rollers over the front.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-12-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
How big do you want it? I had a 98 sportster lx, and a buddy of mine had a 02 sportster lx, the wake keeps getting better and better with more weight, add it evenly or slightly more to the front. 800-1000 and it really starts to shape up nicely! Just watch the rollers, that boat sits low to the water as is and we have had a few actually come over the sides, but hey that just adds more weight until the bilge pumps it out! :-)