Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    cizzy            06-23-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
OK, I got an inexpensive board off of ebay (neptune influence 127) which is working fine for my level right now. The bindings that came with it are terrible (cheap and painful) and I haven't been able to try out anyone elses that actually fit well.
I am 5'3", 110 lbs w a size 7 1/2 or 8 foot. I'm just getting back into wakeboarding, but going at it as hard as I can ,so I want decent bindings. My budget is mediocre, hoping for decent quality at a good price. Saving to get the great equipment next season. Any suggestions? Please tell me WHY you like your bindings, I'm looking for more detail than just an opinion or a name. Thanks!

(Message edited by cizzy on June 23, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
Bindings are the one thing you should try on in the store. Most of the poeple on this board are riding expensive bindings- designed to support big landings. If you are looking for something to hold you over, check out some used ones in the WW classifieds. I found a set of 2000 Hyperlite Highbacks for my wife for about $100.00. They are older technology, but still very comfortable.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-23-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Kelly,
Every binding is different and offers different support and feel. Trying some on at the local store is a good start to get a feel for different models. One thing I would look for is maybe checking out mini or small base plates for your boots. I have a size 9 shoe but ride the mini mediums parks binding by hyperlite. It has a shorter baseplate which allows my toes to get to the end of the footbed and give better feel for cuts. The boot is a medium sized and fits snug. Just an idea.

Jerrod
Hypedrider7@yahoo.com
Old    cizzy            06-24-2004, 5:32 AM Reply   
Had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy ;)

Going to the store Friday ... I think the small base plate is what I need, thanks!