Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Okay, so I've been surfing for awhile now, and I'm looking to get another board. I currently own a trickboardz mojo xl, and don't get me wrong, I like it, but I want to add a more surf style board to my quiver.

I'm 6'2" and weigh 230 (but losing weight). I ride behind an 02 mobius lsv and it makes a huge wave on the starboard side (virtually nothing on port, so I ride goofy now)

So...

JaMako or Blue Lake?

And don't say to demo them because I live 500 miles from the nearest shop!

Thanks for reading!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
oh, here's the links I was looking at.....I just love that carbon fiber blue lake!

http://www.inlandsurfer.com/shop/Details.asp?ProdID=55&category=5

http://www.shredstixx.com/JaMako.html
Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
do you want to sell your Mojo XL? I'm interested if so.

I have the Red Tide. I like it, never been on a blue lake. Wife has a yellow, and loves it. I'm too big (or wake isn't quite big enough-blame it on the boat) for it at 250lbs.

I rode a SS but it was too small for me. I would like to try a bigger SS. It fealt like it would slash a lot better, and wasn't as prone to hooking the outside nose (when cutting back away from the wave) as the IS Red. Blue may be different.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-24-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Nathan;
I'm 5'8 and weigh about 205. I ride the SS Ja Mako and love it. If you have the ability to ride both boards, do so and then make you decision before throwing down $500 plus.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-24-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
Nathan;
I'm 5'8 and weigh about 205. I ride the SS Ja Mako and love it. If you have the ability to ride both boards, do so and then make you decision before throwing down $500 plus.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
thanks for the responses thus far....

I wish I could demo them, but that's just not an option.

As far as selling my mojo, I might be interested when I get my new board in and try it. If so, I'll pm you.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
I have both of those boards and like the Jamako much better. I have had the blue lake for over a year and just got the Jamako a couple of months ago and will probably never ride the blue again. I am about 190 pounds. They are both fast boards that you would have no problem riding, the Jamako is just much quicker to turn and with less effort. Hope that helps.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2008, 1:07 PM Reply   
Go IS Yellow or Green now I guess. Im 250 and had only stock ballast with 4 people on goofy and surf'd it fine. If you have a good size wake and you are 230 and dropping I'd go for it, but then again realize I have never surf'd Jamako but the Yellow is very easy to move around. For what its worth. Have fun, sounds like you wont go wrong either way though.
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-24-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
I ride with a bunch of guys on Lake Sammamish in the Redmond/Seattle area, and we use the Blue Lake and the 7.5 Yellow Loogie. We love them both, and we think Jeff, Mark, Lance and the rest of the IS guys on the lake are top notch! However, we'd love to try out the Jamako too! Is there anyone in the Seattle area with a Jamako? If you bring the board we'll give you a ride!

Thanks.
Don
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the JaMako today. Thanks to everyone but especially you Shane....since you were the only one on here who had ridden them both, I went with your advice. The quick turning comment was what sold me. I'll let you know how I like it when it comes in!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
Nathan
Where did you order the Jamako from? TX Shreds ?
Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Nathan - let me know on the TrickBoardz
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-25-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Congrats, I have SS Thresher, but have been on the JaMako, and love that board too!!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
Daren...

I ordered it on wakeoutlaws.com. They had the surf rack I wanted also, so I saved on shipping. I was also really impressed by all of their surfboard brands--they seem to have all of the good ones.

Will let you know on the Trickboardz Daren--just curious, you can't find one anwywhere else huh?
Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
Dr. Mann is so busy making FAEs that we is way behind on new orders. I'm wanting one for teaching new riders.